Author Topic: WeatherFlow Smart Weather Stations  (Read 382 times)

Offline Kurtb

• Trained Weather Spotter, and CoCoRaHS member
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Stations
« on: August 29, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
   I live waterfront on a intercoastal waterway in Florida. Due to salt, I need a station with no moving parts. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars. I also want it on the internet 24/7. The best location for the wind is on my dock. It starts 300 ft away from my house and ends 600 ft away. The further out, the better for easterly winds, but on west winds it won't matter.

Are the measurements accurate? How often does wind get recorded? Is there a radiation shield that I could buy for the temperature sensor part? Can it be on the web 24/7 if so, how often does it update readings? How far away could it be with the only signal obstruction being storm proof windows?

Bottom line would you suggest it?

Offline dport

Re: WeatherFlow Smart Weather Stations
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »
Are you referring to the station that has yet to be released?  Not sure you are going to get much feedback given they are only just now shipping the temp unit to initial backers.  The sky piece (wind/rain) is still in the engineering phase.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: WeatherFlow Smart Weather Stations
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »
The only station I know of which has 24/7 data direclty sent online and non-moving ultrasonic wind sensor is the NetAtmo. However this is not a station I would call "very accurate"

anything