Author Topic: GoDaddy MySQL DB export/import  (Read 914 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
GoDaddy MySQL DB export/import
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:37:29 PM »
I am on my final step in the change to Godaddy cPanel hosting.  I am having trouble with the export/import of MySQL database, as it didn't do a full export.  Export stopped after 2,030,846 data lines.  The import (which I did before realizing the export was not complete) has even less data lines in the new database.  I am using notepad++ to check the file.

I then did a database backup and is larger so this may have included the whole database/tables but it is too big to open in Notepad++
What could I use to open that large of a .sql file so I can check if it is a complete and current backup?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Colin

• Senior Contributor
    • Colin's Weather
Re: GoDaddy MySQL DB export/import
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:13:23 PM »
Hi Paul,
 I use MAMP but you could use WAMP or similar and set up a localhost. Good for testing.
Backup your database then you can import it to your localhost and check it there.

Hope it helps
Davis Vantage Pro 2 - USB Data Logger - Meteobridge
Porepunkah, Victoria, Australia
https://www.weather.manorts.com
https://www.punkaweather.com
www.meteo.manorts.com

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: GoDaddy MySQL DB export/import
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:16:28 PM »
Thank's Colin, I still can't open the full backup on my computer but at GoDaddy's suggestion i exported one table at a time and then imported in single tables in the new cPanel hosting, and that was succesful.

All my import updates are now working again and only lost some short term data while I was exporting and importing.

I think I am done with the upgrade, and next is moving to PHP 7x which I can now do with spaniel hosting.

anything