Author Topic: Home Weather Station  (Read 1143 times)

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
    • Cape Small Harbor Weather
Home Weather Station
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
Does anyone know how to change the pointer from that very annoying round azure dot back to a standard pointer? This is otherwise a lovely bit of kit!

Offline ALITTLEweird1

• Mark
  • Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • North Bend Weather
Re: Home Weather Station
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:13:44 PM »
Can you post a screen shot of the issue?
"Nature can do without man, but man cannot do without nature."

Software: WeatherDisplay
Hardware: Davis VP2 + VP2 Solar + VP2 UV + Lightning Detector + Logitech Webcam + Soil temp + Soil Moisture

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 02:44:09 AM »
Does anyone know how to change the pointer from that very annoying round azure dot back to a standard pointer? This is otherwise a lovely bit of kit!

good morning I think its the template HOMEWEATHERSTATION ?

its a wind compass I designed in css , so if your confident of a bit of css editing using -webkit- and alike variables i can send you the code to drop in the 3 css files . do you have a particular colour you like the arrow pointer to be ..  or I could send you it ready made so you just upload the new file and job done.

brian

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:13:37 AM »
please check https://weather34.com if thats what you are looking for in the wind compass .if so only a simple file replacement is all that is needed. however I can not at present check to see if this works in IE11 .
i checked safari, iPad,chrome,firefox,opera ..brian

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:45:51 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 11:42:15 AM »
Can you post a screen shot of the issue?

I may not have explained myself well. The issue is the shape of the cursor in the browser when hovering over the PWS page. I took a shot with the phone which shows the round azure shape of the browser cursor; it's not a very good image - the screengrabber won't show the cursor so I had to do it this way [ You are not allowed to view attachments ] . I'd like to be able to have a "normal" browser cursor.

This is on OSX El Cap, and that dot-shaped cursor appears also when using Firefox or Google Chrome.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »
Looking at Brian´s code, this cursor is defined in the:

main.dark.css

where you have:
cursor: url(../img/mousedark.png),auto;

if you delete this line it should be back to normal and I guess there is a similar file for light theme, you need to delete these cursor properties in the css referencing the png image

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 01:33:23 PM »
Looking at Brian´s code, this cursor is defined in the:

main.dark.css

where you have:

if you delete this line it should be back to normal and I guess there is a similar file for light theme, you need to delete these cursor properties in the css referencing the png image
I deleted those lines with no result. There are a lot of css references to cursor:pointer; but they don't seem to be related.

Looking in the /Dashboard/img folder on my local computer, that azure dot for the cursor is mouse.png, but it does not appear in any of those .css files

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
Hi,
no, not cursor:pointer, you need the one I showed above, which specifies image for the cursor, pointer means the cursor shows as a "hand" (the one normally used for links etc.)

this is the one:

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »
Hi,
no, not cursor:pointer, you need the one I showed above, which specifies image for the cursor, pointer means the cursor shows as a "hand" (the one normally used for links etc.)

this is the one:

I removed the same one(s) you indicated with no change.
What I tried to say is that the azure circle which is used by the browser pointer is the file mouse.png (see attached image) and I cannot locate it in any of the .css files. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 02:39:48 PM »
Hi,

this is the one:

I removed the same one(s) you indicated with no change.
What I tried to say is that the azure circle which is used by the browser pointer is the file mouse.png (see attached image) and I cannot locate it in any of the .css files. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

lots of confusion here :-) cursor image is located in folder /img/mouse.png .

bottom of css files for example

@media
only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and ( max-width: 2000px),
only screen and (   min--moz-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and ( max-width: 2000px),
only screen and (     -o-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2/1) and ( max-width: 2000px),
only screen and (        min-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and ( max-width: 2000px),
only screen and (                min-resolution: 192dpi) and ( max-width: 2000px),
only screen and (                min-resolution: 2dppx) and ( max-width: 2000px) {
body{background:#1f1f1f;background-color:#1f1f1f;clear:both;font-family:arial,sans-serif;text-rendering:optimizeLegibility;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;-moz-font-smoothing:antialiased;-o-font-smoothing:antialiased;-ms-font-smoothing:antialiased;font-size:14px;line-height:1.42857143;color:#ccc;cursor:url(../img/mousedark.png),auto;}
}

anyway thank you ,out of the confusion we got a new compass pointer .. :-)

brian

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:46:58 PM by weatherist34 »