Author Topic: What Alarm Service condition expressions are you using?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
What Alarm Service condition expressions are you using?
« on: June 23, 2014, 02:07:02 AM »
I've been trying to configure the Alarm Service to fire when one, two or three of 3 different weather variables are hit in a day. I've posted my experimental condition expressions in the Meteobridge Discussion Forum, but haven't attained the desired results. If anyone else is using the Alarm Service for more than one weather variable, please respond with what's working for you.

TIA.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:12:24 AM by mjc775 »
I had a Heathkit anemometer and barometer in the 1980s.  After a hiatus, in 2014 I purchased a cabled Davis Vantage Pro2.
WeatherLink IP, MeteoBridge, Meteoplug Cloud.
WU: KNVRENO97, CWOP: N7FEQ, MESOWEST/MADIS ID: AU849
Reno NW Weather

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: What Alarm Service condition expressions are you using?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »
I am working on a redesign that will allow for multiple alarm definitions.
That offers a new grade of flexibility and will solve your request (and others).
If you are not shy to run beta code, you can start testing on the weekend.
There are still a few obvious bugs to solve, but most things are already working.

Please send your MAC to "info(at)meteobridge.com" to be part of beta program.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
Re: What Alarm Service condition expressions are you using?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:18:21 AM »
Thanks and done!

I'd still be interested in hearing from people about what expressions they are using that may be unique. Alarms like rain rate and wind gust over a certain amount over the past 2 minutes might indicate a thunderstorm in progress.
I had a Heathkit anemometer and barometer in the 1980s.  After a hiatus, in 2014 I purchased a cabled Davis Vantage Pro2.
WeatherLink IP, MeteoBridge, Meteoplug Cloud.
WU: KNVRENO97, CWOP: N7FEQ, MESOWEST/MADIS ID: AU849
Reno NW Weather