Author Topic: WMR200A Datalogger USB Problems but live o.k.  (Read 3948 times)

Offline rebirthan1x

WMR200A Datalogger USB Problems but live o.k.
« on: July 18, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »
Hello,

I am new here and my hope is that some of the Oregon Veterans at this forum can help me.

I use Weather OS 1.1.55 and Vista SP2. In accordance with the manual the WMR200A should transfer its data when connected to a PC. All my Sensors (6) are sync (green) with the software and the live display works. But the data stored in the datalogger never show up. Whatīs the problem maybe I am too stupid, but....

1. I start the software
2. I connect the Station with the PC
3. It takes maybe 1 Minute untill all sensors shown

and thats it. I cant go 5 days back, because the data is still stored.  ](*,)

Please help me, because I only have 2 days left until the logger is full

Thx
Sven

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WMR200A Datalogger USB Problems but live o.k.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Is your station connected to the P.C. via a USB adapter or straight into a real serial port? Almost sounds like a handshake signal is missing.
With all connections made you might try going into Device Manager and disable/enable that port to see if a handshake/ack signal is started.

Dan

Offline rebirthan1x

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 12:30:55 AM »
Hi, DanS

it's connected with USB. I don't know if there is a kind of Serial Port emulation. When I connected the Station I hear the "device found sound" the same when I disconnect it. Device Manager says Human iterface...and something like port 1 hub 5.

But when, what you called handshake signal, isn't setup correct, why can I use the live data ? 

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 12:38:49 AM »
I have heard of other people having similar difficulties and discovering the USB adapter being the culprit. Do you have a serial port on the P.C. and a cable you could try just to eliminate the USB temporarily?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:36:46 AM by DanS »

Offline rebirthan1x

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:45:34 AM »
Hi DanS,

I read that peaople having connection problems, when they try to use USB somethig happens to the sensors and or display, but every live transmission is working. I only canīt reach the stored data  ](*,) :evil:
I have a serial port, is there a kind of adapter for the WMR200A out, because I only have a USB port at the Weatherstation?

Thx so far

Sven

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »
Sven,
 I don't use the OS wx station so I can't compare. I've been searching manuals online for ideas. I did see where the console saves data to a .csv file on the p.c. so maybe that's somewhere to look? Also, using Vista I see you have a "user access control" to enable? Is that on?
I'm hoping someone setup like you will chime in and apologize for not being much help. I'll continue to search for possibilities though.

Dan
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:37:10 PM by DanS »

Offline rebirthan1x

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »
hi, DanS

i change software to WD and it works. So the Originalsoftware is a pice of ..... !

Thx for your help !!!

anything