Author Topic: Replaced my Davis Vue with Ambient clone.  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
Replaced my Davis Vue with Ambient clone.
« on: February 10, 2016, 10:32:08 PM »
Just got my Ambient ws1001 clone up and running. I have a Davis Vantage Vue, been running maybe 5 years and no issues what so ever.

You may ask why replace my Vantage Vue as its the among the best.

Will tell you why? All the new weather stations are in colour so very easy to read and since they have external temp sensors can leave the display on 14/7.

The vantage vue screen is horrible and outdated. Also leave the backlight on and throws the indoor temp out ad it heats up.

I choose the ambient clone ad all the colour ones, its the better one out there and even displays more info than my vantage vue.

Got sick of having to leave my pc on all day and night to enable updates to Weather Underground and weather info from thevVue to pc.

The Ambient makes no pc needed and info on the Ambient is much easier to access and read weither from vue console or pc, the Ambient had it all without rhe pc, so had freed up my pc for other things.

The screen on the Ambient is very nice and easy to read and had nice bar grapics in colour.

Sure my Davis, the sensors maybe better, but just for general weathet keeping, unless your a real weather buff the Ambient does a good job so dont miss or notice a big enough difference.

A lot of people on here wont have the condtions for their weathet stations anyway and seems a lot have placed their Vantage vues on roof tops, which only gives more accurate speed where rainfall, temps and humidity will be out, so having a Davis is no real advantage.

Love how on the Ambient clone can have the screen come on and turn off at set times and adjusts the display during the day.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Replaced my Davis Vue with Ambient clone.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »
How's the fishing on this forum?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Replaced my Davis Vue with Ambient clone.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:22 AM »
If Ambient would allow for a thermometer/hygrometer to be placed remotely from the all in one, the system would be top notch. The problem as denodan points out, and as everyone who is a regular here knows, is that the rooftop installation makes the temperature read too hot in the sun. What good is a pretty display if it is not really right?

anything