Author Topic: Incorrect Weather Description Reporting  (Read 3941 times)

Offline MrHat

• MeteoCampigiano
Re: Incorrect Weather Description Reporting
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 09:00:50 PM »
Please note that mesquiteWX is running B81 (the last 'non-beta') version while Alessandro is running the Beta B218 version.  It is apples and oranges being compared.

Any issues with Build81 cannot be fixed as the source for that was destroyed.  Brian has been rebuilding from other copies and reconstructing the base source for Weather-Display on Windows, and that is still in the Beta version.

So.. if you are having issues with Build81 that cannot be resolved by simple settings, then your next step is to either live with the issue until the Beta release becomes non-Beta, or dive into using the Beta release instead.

Hi Ken
I'm using the latest Beta.
I guess that my only option is to edit the .js file and change the affected metar italian translation  :-)
Live Weather Data and Webcam from Campi Bisenzio - Firenze - Tuscany    www.meteocampigiano.it

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 09:55:19 PM »
Please note that mesquiteWX is running B81 (the last 'non-beta') version while Alessandro is running the Beta B218 version.  It is apples and oranges being compared.

Any issues with Build81 cannot be fixed as the source for that was destroyed.  Brian has been rebuilding from other copies and reconstructing the base source for Weather-Display on Windows, and that is still in the Beta version.

So.. if you are having issues with Build81 that cannot be resolved by simple settings, then your next step is to either live with the issue until the Beta release becomes non-Beta, or dive into using the Beta release instead.

10.37R Build 81 is the most current stable release and was recommended by Brian that I upgrade to back in March. 10.37R Build 221 is the latest "Beta" build. I have even gone as far as taking images of my weather server and completely rebuild it twice with fresh OS installs and fresh install of WD and still the same issue arises. This has not been an issue just on the B81 version but past versions for the past 2+ years. I am just told update to the most recent and it will resolve it. That is what I have done on numerous occasions above and beyond what I should have done. Strange thing is when I go back through my settings and un-tick and then re-tick the settings it magically works for a few days to a week then resorts back to not working and I am not running any snapshots or deep freezes on my server. There are images taken for redundancy purposes but never restored from one. Once I upgrade as I am asked to do and it still doesn't work Brian stops responding to emails. Heck, the Facebook plugin is still broke too and doesn't work as designed ether. I have been more than patient with the long laundry list of bugs in this software. If Cumulus could do the rapid updates like this where it would read from a METAR and upload a real time txt file I would be dumping WD yesterday. I am just told since he can't recreate the error then the error is pretty much non-existent even though many others are able to replicate it. 

Offline ALITTLEweird1

• Mark
  • Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • North Bend Weather
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »
Why don't you at least go to the thread on the WD forum about the beta and post there? I use WX forum a lot, and get a lot of info from here. But, Your issue and others are WD related. Posting here about this will get you know where, you need to go to the source and deal with it.
"Nature can do without man, but man cannot do without nature."

Software: WeatherDisplay
Hardware: Davis VP2 + VP2 Solar + VP2 UV + Lightning Detector + Logitech Webcam + Soil temp + Soil Moisture

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 04:28:21 AM »

Hi Ken,
your trick it's ok for me.
Just a bit change if possible.
After your solution, i had to edited all metar text translation (on language-it.txt) because it changed in this way:

Before:
"langlookup|Partly cloudy  mist|Parzialmente nuvoloso - Foschia|"

After:
"langlookup|partly cloudy -  Mist|Parzialmente nuvoloso - Foschia|"

As you can see above, metar text begins with lowercase letter (uppercase on secon locution) and with "-" after sky condictions.
Is it possible to leave metar text as before?
So, i don't have to make any changes on language-it.txt.
Thanks in advance,

Alessandro
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:40:02 AM by i_fiorentino »

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 10:04:19 AM »
Well it is back to jacking up again. It has been good all week. One thing I have noticed is when it is overcast - mist is when it jacks up. Of course it may do it on others but have noticed it mainly on this one at the moment.

http://www.mesquiteweather.net/WD-conditions.php

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 12:25:06 PM »
Another observation I noticed while refreshing the browser on the WD-conditions.php page and watching the icon in WD. It will sometimes show correctly then quickly switch to the incorrect conditions not from the METAR. So it appears something is overriding the METAR conditions in the clientraw or something is getting set to default for certain conditions. If you look at my cam and banner in my sig. You can see it is cloudy but yet the sig is showing sunny. Anyone have any suggestions?

-Thanks

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 08:07:51 AM »
Hi folks,
this is my actual situation:

I don't manage to figure out when WD takes condictions text from metar and when not.
Now, it takes from metar but sometimes, with the same condictions (Dry), it takes from station.
Regards,

Alessandro