Author Topic: wmr 200  (Read 3820 times)

Offline iizatt

wmr 200
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »
Hi

Well I have bit the bullet and purchased the WMR 200, I am getting an error saying that the console date is wrong 00/00/2009, I have chekec the date on the console (using the radio clock) and it is fine set to the correct date and time.

Any help would be appreciated

Iain

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
Re: wmr 200
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »
Have you read the manual? I'm sure the date needs to be set via the console it self. Just like it does on the OS WMR-968.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline iizatt

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »
Hi Anthony

Yes, I checked the settings as per the manual however on checking, I found the date and time had been set automatically because I have the clock sync set to receive radio signal ?

Iain

Offline GregK

• Contributor
  • SNUGGLES: My Baby Girl
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
The time and date can be set by the atomic clock, but you need to follow certain procedures to get the console to pick up the atomic clock.  By the way, where do you live?  It is my understanding that the atomic clock signal is only good for about 2,000 miles.  Perhaps you should try manually putting in the date per the manual and see if that works.

Greg
Help Save An Innocent Life: WWW.ASPCA.COM
United States Air Force (Retired)

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »
Good point Greg. May be he lives close to the outter reaches of the atomic clock singnal. Therefore the the console does not always recieve the sigal. I would suggest disabeling this if possible and setting everything manually

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline iizatt

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 01:06:38 PM »
Hi guys

thanks for your thoughts and help it seems to have resolved the issue itself I live in Newcastle in the north east of england and I seem to be getting a good radio signal.

Another issue I have spotted is that I have a slave receiver from my old WMR 100. I have noticed tha pressure reading is different the WMR 100 is indicating 1026 Mb and the WMR 200 is indicating 1019 Mb both units are receiving the signal from the same sensor.

any ideas

Thanks in advance

Iain

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
Interesting that the two consoles are reporting differtent pressures from the same sensor. Have they always done this? Could be the fact that the two consoles have a different update frequency?

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
Has either of them been configured for "sea level" differently?  Does one reciever have a manual adjustment (like 968) and one have altitude adjustment?  Or are you posting the raw values. Not sure where you are so I cant check local pressures being reported around you ....

Andrew

Hi guys
Another issue I have spotted is that I have a slave receiver from my old WMR 100. I have noticed tha pressure reading is different the WMR 100 is indicating 1026 Mb and the WMR 200 is indicating 1019 Mb both units are receiving the signal from the same sensor.
Thanks in advance
Iain

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline iizatt

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 06:37:58 PM »
Hi Andrew

I am located approx 3 miles inland from whitley bay in the north east of england the wunderground link is below

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=INORTHUM11

As far as I m aware there is no adjustment for sea level on either console I have not offset the values in VWS the figures quoted are raw values

thanks in advance

Iain

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 02:25:48 AM »
Iain,
I live near Spalding in Lincolnshire and like you I have both the WMR100 and 200. Mine too show different pressure readings, I have found the 200 more accurate compared with other stations at the same altitude and within a ten mile radius, it doesn't bother me, I just live with it. The only way you will get the 100 to play ball is to adjust the altitude accordingly, but as I only use the 100 as a stand-alone unit and not for displaying data on the Internet, this is not a problem for me.

Hope this helps.

Alan
Alan

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 07:00:56 AM »
Looks like you are basically sea level.  hmmm?  I just realized something...

Iain, are the two consoles really getting pressure reading from same sensor?

Anthony and I both had our 968 hats on... thinking the 100 consolse and 200 console were getting the pressure reading from a sensor (968's get pressure reading from a thermo/hygro/baro indoor unit, you also mentioned one sensor in your post).  Looks like the 100/200 series have the baro in the console (like Davis's).  So the difference between the two is purely standard deviation/quality....

I think this explains the difference.....

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I am located approx 3 miles inland from whitley bay in the north east of england the wunderground link is below

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=INORTHUM11

As far as I m aware there is no adjustment for sea level on either console I have not offset the values in VWS the figures quoted are raw values

thanks in advance

Iain

Thanks in advance
Iain

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 07:23:14 AM »
Iain,

Anthony and Andrew are both correct, the pressure reading on the 100 and 200 are both calculated by the indoor console, not an external sensor.

As I said in my previous post, you can compensate by adjusting your altitude on the console. Take a look at page eleven in the 100 manual, bottom left under the heading "Barometer", that explains how to set the altitude level compensation.

Like me you are probably at sea level and would have to fool the console that it is either up there in the clouds, or down there with the fish. :-)

Alan
Alan

anything