Author Topic: Unable to pick up sensor signal  (Read 946 times)

Offline olfenite

Unable to pick up sensor signal
« on: September 28, 2018, 11:18:16 PM »
Hi,

I bought an Acurite 5 in 1 pro+ weather sensor, model 06014, and I cannot get it to find the station. I have both set to channel A (and I've tried B and C as well), tried multiple new batteries, and everything in the troubleshooting pages. The station and sensor have been sitting next to each other for hours now and still no connection. Nothing works.

What am I doing wrong? I'm about to go crazy here.  ](*,)

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Unable to pick up sensor signal
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 08:15:10 AM »
Sounds like you tried everything. Compatible 5-N-1 display? What model display are you using?

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline davefr

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 09:55:43 AM »
Hi,

I bought an Acurite 5 in 1 pro+ weather sensor, model 06014, and I cannot get it to find the station. I have both set to channel A (and I've tried B and C as well), tried multiple new batteries, and everything in the troubleshooting pages. The station and sensor have been sitting next to each other for hours now and still no connection. Nothing works.

What am I doing wrong? I'm about to go crazy here.  ](*,)

I can't think of anything you're doing wrong.  Just make sure your batteries are inserted correctly.  I think it's time to return it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:21:51 AM by davefr »

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 10:18:54 AM »
Something is wrong inside the sensor, like the battery wires are not soldered or some other defect. I would return and try another sensor.

Offline olfenite

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 11:29:57 PM »
The display is model 06016.

I bought it over a year ago on amazon and just now am getting around to install it. Just been really busy over the last year. If I have to call acurite and get it worked on, hopefully they will have mercy.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 08:09:51 AM »
If you purchased with an Amex or a Platinum Visa or MC you probably have an extra year of warranty through the credit card company.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »

I bought it over a year ago on amazon and just now am getting around to install it. Just been really busy over the last year. If I have to call acurite and get it worked on, hopefully they will have mercy.

you cant call Acurite any more, no phone support, only live chat/email/face junk

Offline davefr

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 01:00:37 PM »

Acurite has mercy on "no one" based on their past history.  They won't even cover units under warranty without sending the owner thru "support hell"!

My advise is to plead your case to Amazon.  I've found that they will often waive their normal return policy if you contact them and plead your case.