Author Topic: My webcam not showing up  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Dudesjp

Re: My webcam not showing up
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2020, 08:18:53 PM »
That's a new one on me.

I asked to Intelbras if they have any tutorial or firmware update where I can change where the camera saves and the archive name!
:)

Offline Dudesjp

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »
Howdy everyone!

After Intelbras answer my topic in their forum with no solution - basically their firmware is this and they can't do anything to change - I bought one Hikvision IP camera that was on sale at a alarm store here in my city. Now it's working perfect in the WU page ( https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ISOJOS29 ) and sending a photo every 5 minutes!
If any brazilian come to this topic, DON'T buy Intelbras to use in FTP servers!  ](*,)

Thanks everyone for you help and tips!  [tup]

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2020, 05:07:07 PM »
Sorry you had problems with your Dahua clone.  That's the problem with clone cameras, the firmware is "modified", AKA hacked, and features are stripped out to get the price down.  I can't help but wonder if you could find out what the actual Dahua model number is for it and apply Dahua firmware.  There is a risk of turning the camera into a brick doing that, though.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline Dudesjp

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »
Sorry you had problems with your Dahua clone.  That's the problem with clone cameras, the firmware is "modified", AKA hacked, and features are stripped out to get the price down.  I can't help but wonder if you could find out what the actual Dahua model number is for it and apply Dahua firmware.  There is a risk of turning the camera into a brick doing that, though.

Yes, I thought in try the original firmware, but since I bought one Hik with a good discount, I'll probably use this one with my NVR in another part of the house!

anything