Author Topic: Ambient Weather WS-1050 Wireless Weather Station  (Read 3921 times)

Offline ~Steve~

Ambient Weather WS-1050 Wireless Weather Station
« on: August 23, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
I'm considering buying the "Ambient Weather WS-1050 Wireless Weather Station" . I like all the data that this model offers and since it will be my first weather station the price is right also . I was wondering if the "SRS100LX radiation shield" that they recommend getting is necessary ?

http://www.ambientweather.com/amws1050.html

Thank you for any help you can give me .

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:09:46 PM by ~Steve~ »

Offline jamieofthenorth

Re: Ambient Weather WS-1050 Wireless Weather Station
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »
I bought that shield for my WS-2080 and noticed a five degree difference for the better. My station is very much on par with other stations in my area as a result. HIGHLY recommend it if you really want accuracy.

Offline wd40

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »
Here is a picture of the two of them on my ws-2080.

The original is sitting on top of the bracket for the bigger, optional solar shield.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 08:31:40 PM »
I'm considering buying the "Ambient Weather WS-1050 Wireless Weather Station" . I like all the data that this model offers and since it will be my first weather station the price is right also . I was wondering if the "SRS100LX radiation shield" that they recommend getting is necessary ?

http://www.ambientweather.com/amws1050.html

Thank you for any help you can give me .

Yes, it would be a definite improvement in weather protection. The supplied "moisture cover" is factory recommended to be installed in a dry location. Another, unrelated issue - It appears this station doesn't have P.C. connection capabilities so if you're intending to put weather data online you may not be able to with this station.

anything