Author Topic: Ambient Weather wireless thermometer range?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline tdhcsc

Ambient Weather wireless thermometer range?
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »
I'm putting together a weather station at the house.  Actually more than a weather station but more of an information wall or on a boat it might be called the navigation station.  One of the elements my wife wants to monitor is the temperature in various parts of the house & yard.  I'll be ordering a Davis 'Leaf Moisture Monitor' with sensors ($$$$$) but would also like temperature readouts that are displayed & seen at a glance, perhaps 6 in all.

Ambient Weather has a number of what appears to be very nice wireless thermometers that would be perfect.  All I need is a couple of WS-10's with 6 transmitters and all the different areas of the house and back yard would be displayed at a glance.  The manufacturer says 300' line of sight but more like 100' in practical usage.  The longest distance from the transmitter to readout in my case will be about 70 feet through 1 stucco wall.

Many reviewers complain the transmission distance is much shorter with a couple of reviews saying only 30 feet.  I was going to order a couple but thought I'd ask if anyone has had any experience with the practical transmission distance. 

I guess I could order the equipment and if I'm not happy return them.

Any help appreciated.

Dan
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:54:47 PM by tdhcsc »

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Ambient Weather wireless thermometer range?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:57:09 PM »
One thing to keep in mind with stucco is that it might be on wire mesh which could affect your range.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Ambient Weather wireless thermometer range?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 07:52:54 AM »
I ordered the Ambient Weather WS-70 directly from ED at Ambient, Amazon doesn't carry yet. The big numbers are for easily viewing from distance, along with a couple F007TP, and 3 F007TH.  5 remote sensors in all.

The F007P come with the wired probes one will go inside heated tipping bucket so I can monitor temperatures and make sure heater is on (primary reason for getting the sensors), the other for freezer. Garage, toy hauler and inside house will all get the F007TH. As far as signal strength everything is wood structures except hauler, I may need to figure out something the heated tipping bucket will be 90' through a wall. 
Randy

anything