Author Topic: Running CumulusMX under Windows 10......  (Read 3644 times)

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
Running CumulusMX under Windows 10......
« on: May 28, 2017, 05:28:03 PM »
Afternoon.....

Anybody here running CumulusMX under Windows 10 ?

The reason why I ask is I was running it with no problems, but since installing an update and the system resetting everything, now CumulusMX refuses to start, instead it trys to run on another Com Port, which I don't get !

Previous version of Cumulus runs fine, set on correct com port, works under Weatherlink as well, just to make sure about correct com port allocation.  The Davis console uses a UBS Weatherlink Dongle, then through Weatherlink the software chooses com port 6.  I've tried unplugging all USB devices in the hope of the dongle setting up on the right port, but to no avail.....go figure !  Why should the previous version work fine ? Trying to run CumulusMX results in incorrect com port being chosen, I don't get that, even when everything is disconnected, still no dice.

Then I thought about Microsoft and the NET 4.5 software, Windows 10 installs version 4.52 by default, is this the problem ? Damn Windows 10 is a pain as far as hardware goes, it's supposed to be backwards compatible.....that's a joke !!

Any suggestions would be great, would love to get MX back up, if only to get all my graphs back and get SQL updated.

Further investigation - woops - I forgot you can reassign com ports, lol, now MW works fine, but I can't get it to display on the address bar - http://192.168.0.**:8998/gauges.html ?

Nick. dw7240.com.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:34:57 PM by DW7240 »

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
Re: Running CumulusMX under Windows 10......
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »
Hi Nick,

In the browser on your weather computer, please try the following:   localhost:8998

This is what works on mine, running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with the latest version of Chrome.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
Re: Running CumulusMX under Windows 10......
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:03:21 PM »
Hi,

Thank you John, tried that, no dice, I may to search for it, but I noticed its not even listed on the list of connected devices when looking in the router setup, it showed before Windows 10 update.  Router settings not changed through windows, not possible.  So I'm now wondering what to do, MX is running fine, just can't bring it up in the browser, must be a Windows 10 thing, but what ?

************************************************************************************************

WOW - that's so weird.......It just occurred to me after you mentioned about Chrome John, that the issue could be with Edge - Microsoft's new explorer, even though this worked ok with the original Windows 10 setup, now I just tried original Internet Explorer and hey presto, the MX interface displays just as before, so Microsoft has altered Edge in the latest update - UNBELIVABLE !!

Hope this little exercise and headache will help future users of Windows 10 - and the pit falls that come from it !

************************************************************************************************

Nick. dw7240.com.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:59:30 PM by DW7240 »