Author Topic: Way to see record high/low for all time?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Larry G

Way to see record high/low for all time?
« on: March 11, 2011, 12:08:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

Love weather, don't have a personal station though. One of my favorite sites is Weather Underground. I have a question about it. If you go to the daily weather history, it lists the record high or low for that particular date. Is there a way to find out the all time record high or low for a given location? I've looked everywhere but can't find the option. It would be great to be able to glance at the all-time high or low for a given location, but the daily history info with that data is also great. It's almost like information overload there.

Larry

Offline JACK10562

• Forecaster
  • DW5051
    • DW5051 East Harwich MA
Re: Way to see record high/low for all time?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:24 AM »
Unfortunately they don't tabulate a location's history data like that, but you can do it yourself easily enough.

Download any station's daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly history data in a CSV file and import it into a spreadsheet. Once that's done, you can sort the sheet by any data column you like.

I know it's a clunky way of doing this, but it works.
CWOP:DW5051
MADIS ID:D5051
WU:KMAEASTH4
CoCoRaHS:MA-BA-23
DavisVantagePro2Plus#6163
Cumulus 1.9.4(1097)←☼

Offline Larry G

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »
Thank you so much, I was going to ask how to do this on the monthly or yearly sections as there is no link to the comma delimited file (.csv) in the new format, but when I clicked on classic version, I did indeed see the link. I hope they correct this, unless I'm missing the link. It seems a bit clunky if I want long data from say 1970 to present, but seems it would work anyway. I know Wikipedia has most of this information easily, but as much as I like that site, I just wanted a more verifable source for the info.

At any rate, thanks again.

Offline Larry G

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
Thanks Paul and everyone :)

Well I don't doubt that each national weather service has historical data, I was just hoping that WXUnderground would have that as well since it's such a great site, and in fact it does. I found out that you can click on "custom" and total data for any point within a specific date range, which is awesome, as well as calculating the data with the CSV method.