Author Topic: Wunderground not updating with my info  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Disney Dude

Wunderground not updating with my info
« on: September 07, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »
Last Friday, I got a notification from Wunderground that my weather station was offline.  I checked the computer, and it was not offline.  It was uploading to my personal web site, and it is getting the data FROM Wunderground, it just appeared that it was not sending any data.  Yesterday, I upgraded to the latest version of VWS, thinking that would resolve the issue, but it has not.  If my memory serves me correctly, this happened about 2 years ago, and I simply thought it was my old computer giving up, so I purchased a new one, and installed the software, and it started working fine.

I have uninstalled my antivirus, disabled the firewall, and still no update to/from Wunderground.  I have even clicked the button to upload now, but it still will not show up. After reading several posts on here, I am not really sure the issue is with my setup.  Rapid Fire also is not updating. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:55:34 PM by Disney Dude »

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: Underground not updating with my info
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »
I am not VWS user but does it not have a log file or debug file? All the other programs do. If so look there for some idea of what is going on.    Make absolutely sure that you have the station ID and password entered correctly.    reboot everything   turn everything off reboot modem, router, computer in that order.  It may not have been your fault. WU sometimes gets temporarily overloaded and just stops receiving for a while. Plus they have several different servers that receive the data. It is possible that the one that's gets your data was down.  The warning seems to be submitted from a different server that does not talk the  receiving ones.

Offline Disney Dude

Re: Wunderground not updating with my info
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 09:28:43 PM »
I checked the log file, and it mentions nothing about not being able to contact Wunderground.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Fortnerw

Re: Wunderground not updating with my info
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »
My computer has not received an update from Wunderground either since 9-7-14. Something is amiss.

anything