Author Topic: Local access to Bridge data  (Read 1741 times)

Offline swei

Local access to Bridge data
« on: September 25, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »
Started researching weather stations some years back (after the WeatherLink IP was announced but before it actually shipped) and ended up spending WAY too much time digging into Davis hackery, loggers, cabling, etc. before finally giving up to focus on more pressing tasks.   Now I'm back to the project and have been seeing enough positive comments on AcuRite that I figured I'd take the time to learn more.

While it will be nice to publish data online, the primary use here will be to collect climate data for building automation purposes, so some means of local network access to data is essential.  Not being familiar with the product line, I'm curious if there is a means provided (or planned) for the Internet Bridge to be queried over IP?

thanks~

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
Re: Local access to Bridge data
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:30:20 AM »
AcuRite currently has a weather station/display console that connects to the USB port on your PC, and we have an SDK completed that will give folks the tools they need to "grab" the data stream and do what they want with it. This product is called the 01035/01525 and comes packaged with the 5-in-1 weather sensor pack.

The Acu-Link bridge will be available this fall, and is being tested right now. We plan on supporting the Acu-Link platform for a long time, and there are all kinds of enhancements and options in the works- of course I cannot go into many details at this time. I do appreciate your comments- and I will certainly make sure we keep them in mind as we continue to develop Acu-Link.

More information on Acu-Link:
http://www.acurite.com/mybackyardweather

Thanks,
Ryan

Offline swei

Re: Local access to Bridge data
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »
Thanks.  I've signed up for your beta and look forward to learning more.