Author Topic: Camera broke when new interface went online - support link broken  (Read 840 times)

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
OK. After years working just fine when they made the new interface my camera link broke. I tried to reconnect using web, I made a new connection using FTP. Both had errors. I tried to report using their system and it is messed up. It's been messed up for a while, no matter which browser I use.  I'm really unhappy about the whole thing. I would have written sooner but life happens and my good ol' Cumulus link has been working fine. So has most of the others.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
Re: Camera broke when new interface went online - support link broken
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
There are several threads discussing this problem, http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35402.0  WU is "aware" of the problem and is working on it.  The latest information from them is that they, basically, have to redesign the whole FTP system on their end due to problems.  Given that this has been going on for some time, a resolution is probably far down the road.  Just my opinion in that regard.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 12:29:52 PM »
Thanks. I found a thread then lost it and finally gave up and started one. My camera had been using the web collect - it doesn't use FTP directly - but then the URL for the snapshot changed. I should have been able to simple change the URL but that didn't work either. Redesign FTP is one thing, that's no reason not to fix the customer service link. If they are not going to bother with that then they should remove it. It's really irritating to get everything typed in then have some weird error like "recipient not found" or such erase everything I had just typed.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 11:08:42 AM »
@LizMarr - You're seeing exactly what I'm seeing on my side. While I understand WU having to rebuild from the ground up, they (IBM) are doing a horrible job of PR. Their poor little team is unfortunately taking the heat for a mess IBM created.

Interesting though. It 'kinda' works. If you add a second cam (same as the first), it seems to know you've done so. With one cam, the widget is blank. But with two, you get a drop down and a spinning 'wait' icon.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »
I hate to be a pessimist, but if that's progress, JEEESH!
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 01:17:34 PM »
Mine appears to be working just fine, right now.

Mark

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 02:07:54 PM »
The cameras associated with my station started working late last week.

After it showed correctly on Windows tower, an Android tablet did not display correctly. I did a logout of WU, dumped all the cache & cookies, and then login to WU again. After that it showed correctly on the tablet.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 06:57:22 PM »
Awesome, I have spiny wheel and underneath a selector that shows which cam is showing.  No picture yet, but that's a heck of a bunch more than before. Too cool.