Author Topic: Changing/Adding Street Address to the WU Account  (Read 691 times)

Offline gpbarth

• Beautiful downtown Palmerton
Changing/Adding Street Address to the WU Account
« on: April 10, 2017, 12:17:26 AM »
Left a question with the WU support, also, but maybe someone up here could help, too. When I registered my station with WU, the little map where you're supposed to drag and drop your pin on your home location didn't work. So I also tried to enter my street address into the box above the map - that failed, too. So now, my account shows an empty field for my address, and on the map of my town, my pin is showing about 3 blocks south and west of my actual location.

So I'm trying to update my account to add my actual street address, so that the pin will show the spot. I did it up here on WXForum, and actually put it in my back yard, where the sensors really are. Does anyone know how to add my street address to my WU account?
-= Gary =-

Offline R_o_B

• WxElement panel
Re: Changing/Adding Street Address to the WU Account
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:25:48 AM »
I just tried it...

- sign in to Weather Underground using the following link: "https://www.wunderground.com/login";
- once signed in, on the top right side, click on "My Profile";
- click/select the "My Weather Stations" option;
- that page should display your registered stations where you can change the address for your station.
R_o_B
---
eMail: weather@herray.net

Offline gpbarth

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but I cannot find a way to edit the address field. When I go to the Edit area, the text below is what I see at the top. Note that the address field is blank. There is no box below that data that allows me to enter the information. As the address will also affect the LAT/LONG data, I really want the location to be as accurate as possible. I'm starting to think that I'll have to delete my station and start over again.

Register a New Personal Weather Station

Address: 
Elevation:   399   ft
Height Above Ground:   10.00   ft
Lat, Lon:   40.79999924, -75.61000061
Time Zone:   America/New_York

-= Gary =-

Offline gpbarth

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 12:26:52 PM »
Well, I found a way to correct my address, after no response from WU. I simply added a new station, with the correct address. So I had to change the AcuRite sharing settings. No big deal. Now the only problem (for WU, anyway) is that I am not allowed to delete my old station. WU says that only stations with no data input can be deleted. So the old one, Palmerton Blue Mountain, is kaput, and Downtown Palmerton is the new station, at my real address.
-= Gary =-