Author Topic: Delete duplicate station in Weatherlink 2.0?  (Read 5008 times)

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
Delete duplicate station in Weatherlink 2.0?
« on: December 18, 2018, 09:12:39 PM »
I recently converted from a wifi logger to the davis ip logger; I wanted to try and keep all my previous data, so I called my "new" setup the same name as my "old" one; now, I have 2 stations with the same name showing up in weatherlink 2.0, but not sure how to delete the "older" one, since the "new" one is showing up and working perfectly..
Any suggestions will be appreciated!

thanks

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Delete duplicate station in Weatherlink 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:25:19 PM »
I think this has some discussion on it    http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35673.0

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:28:35 PM »
I think this has some discussion on it    http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35673.0

Enjoy,
Paul

thanks again Paul, I will contact Davis for help with this!

Offline klschmidt

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 01:10:52 AM »
I switched from using a usb datalogger to Weatherlink IP, which resulted in duplicate stations as you describe. The technician from Davis with whom I spoke, deleted the old station and all of it's data. Afterward, I was able to make myself clear in that I wanted the station data merged, and I did NOT want all of the data from datalogger days deleted. Somehow, they were able to recover the data a few days later. This was very unexpected, a second Davis technician having verified that station deletions are permanent, an action that cannot be undone. When at last the data was recovered, I was told that it cannot be merged. Stations can, however, be renamed (without even calling Davis). I gave the old station a name which tells me it is historical data only.

If you find a way to merge the data, I'd appreciate some information on how it's done.

I would be really hesitant in telling Davis to "delete" the old station.

anything