Author Topic: Ambient database issues  (Read 639 times)

Offline madkiwi

Ambient database issues
« on: November 15, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »
I see missing information from my graphs and weird readings on ambientweather,net (current temp is 45, but showing the day's range as 16.9 to 41.4) and I know they announced they are having some issues they are trying to work through.

But I find it ironic that the most recent chart data is 10 hours old yet everything is up to date on Weather Underground.

Also is it just because they are having server issues or is it normal to get logged out of ambientweather.net continuously?

Anyone have insights on when they may get things fixed? Also- real reason? I have seen two explanations so far- that IBM has problems, and that Ambient's systems can't handle the huge numbers of new accounts.

Mark
WS-2902A WU:KMTFLRE23
WS-2813 WU:KMTMISS015

Offline Sir_MAK

Re: Ambient database issues
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 02:26:28 PM »
Posted on Ambient web site;
https://www.ambientweather.com/blog.html

Database Slow Down Issues.
- November 11 2018.

We are experiencing database slow down issues due to IBM. We are working on a solution, and have a ticket in with IBM.

You may experience graphs not loading, highs and lows not retrieving, missing data in the database and response issues from Amazon Alexa. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ambient WS-2000, Central Ohio - WU WC
Ambient
WS-2902, Lake Erie   -    WU WC

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Ambient database issues
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 12:43:52 PM »
Ambient blog update:

- November 16, 2018.

IBM has definitely confirmed the issue is on their end. They are still working on it.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything