Author Topic: AmbientWeather.net now Supports direct Uploads to PWSWeather.  (Read 4025 times)

Offline ambientweather

• Contributor
    • Ambient Weather
AmbientWeather.net now Supports direct Uploads to PWSWeather.
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:55:58 PM »
Connect your weather station sensors and AmbientWeather.net to PWSWeather, to share your weather data online and integrate with Rachio Sprinklers.

More info...

https://www.ambientweather.com/blog.html

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: AmbientWeather.net now Supports direct Uploads to PWSWeather.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »
What is the upload frequency to PWSweather.com?

What about the upload frequency to WU?

The PWSweather upload is a nice option to have, thank you! But not sure on the Ambient Weather Network to WU upload versus the console or ObserverIP doing it directly. With WU through ambientweather.net you'd be limited to at most every 1 minute uploads because that is the fastest ambientweather.net receives. So console (16 secs) or even ObserverIP (30 secs) is better for WU.

On the other hand hopefully ambientweather.net does not upload more frequently than every 10 minutes to PWSweather as I found that any more frequent really makes unreadable graphs on that service.

With WU you want the rapid fire (less than a minute) live view for the dashboard. WU for historical data only commits every 5 minutes regardless for graphs that look good and data charts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:56:11 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
Well I tested it and answered my own questions....

Weather Underground via ambientweather.net uploads every 1 minute. Technically it is like every 1 minute and a few extra seconds. I suppose this is because the ambientweather.net upload is every 1 minute and it has to get there first. Interestingly though the WU reported software type/version is blank in the "About this PWS" link. Too bad that this is not filled in.

For PWSweather we have the same 1 minute upload. This is too bad as I already mentioned that for PWSweather having 1 minute upload is too frequent. It should be 10 minutes. To some people maybe 5 minutes is almost passable but I think it is still too cramped for the graphs.

So there you have it. Not an ideal situation for either service. Not "Live" enough for WU and too frequent for PWSweather. I really don't see the point in the WU upload option when the console does a much better job and provides proper software identification.

Recommendation: Keep the WU upload with your console. Use the new PWSweather upload as it is better than not having it but hope that Ambient Weather fixes the frequency or at least gives you the option to set the upload frequency. It is possible that if you reduce your ambientweather.net frequency to 10 minutes then it will match the PWSweather for 10 minutes also. But that is a bad compromise to ambientweather.net usefulness itself.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:27:54 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline davidsmartin

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 10:18:15 AM »
My PWS station TINYHMOUNT is showing "no data" though I registered it months ago.  When I go into the "history" I see data from February, March and April but nothing since then.  Obviously I don't pay enough attention!  Is there an easy solution?

Thanks for your help.

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 02:06:05 PM »
Please submit a support request at...

https://www.pwsweather.com/inquiry.php
Joe Torsitano

Offline davidsmartin

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 02:10:23 PM »
I re-registered on the devices tab of the Ambient Weather site and now it is working again, though I don't know why the connection was lost for a few months.