Author Topic: wow awekas don't take long to lock things out  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
wow awekas don't take long to lock things out
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »
I got a email from them saying that my Air Pressure is to far below what they thing it should be at. Here they are looking at a station about 40 miles from me and a lot farther up on the hills I am on. (I live in a valley)

I did ask them the same thing and not got a response back from them. might be wrong of me but I am kind of thinking of just stopping my data to the site.

Anthony

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: wow awekas don't take long to lock things out
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »
They told me the same thing.    My pressure is good but some guy in Germany thinks he knows better.

I don't care I doubt anyone in Europe is looking at the pressure in Tombstone.    More like how hot it is.

They are comparing me with stations almost 100 miles away.      These guys have no clue that the state of Arizona is bigger than most Euro countries.

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »
They told me the same thing.    My pressure is good but some guy in Germany thinks he knows better.

I don't care I doubt anyone in Europe is looking at the pressure in Tombstone.    More like how hot it is.

They are comparing me with stations almost 100 miles away.      These guys have no clue that the state of Arizona is bigger than most Euro countries.
A lot of "discussions" occur as Awekas expects 'sea level' pressure and some stations (as mine did) were displaying the same pressure as the vilagers knew was right on their devices. And yes, Arizona is big and beatifull  but has also very high and low areas.  So check again what the height and latitude/longitude is they have on file for your station. At my place height was 40 meters off, after clearing that and supplying them the caculated sealevel pressure the measurements never were rejected again.

Wim

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »
I think that may be it. Anthony, on the AWEKAS info page for your location it shows elevation as 453 meters. Wondering if that is your elevation in feet?
Bill

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 02:15:43 PM »
It was a error on my part. all seems well now. Thanks you all for the info.

Anthony