Author Topic: Getting Help from WU - or - My Station is Down  (Read 4988 times)

Offline jfields47

Re: Getting Help from WU - or - My Station is Down
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »
I ordered the TP-Link TL-MR3020 as a backup for the future.  I may consider switching over to the TP-Link TL-MR3020/Meteobridge setup permanently.

Offline SailorBill

• Spotsylvania, VA
    • Finney Estates, Thornburg, VA 22551
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 07:28:03 AM »
A little off topic but now that I've switched to MeteoBridge, in the admin tool I am getting an error saying I need a USB 2.0 hub. Everything seems to be working fine but there is an alert at the top. I went ahead and ordered one and it should be here today.

There are a lot more options and weather networks available with MeteoBridge than the HauteWind device. One day I'll have to explore the ones I don't recognize.

The best part about this software is that I can now enter my exact location where with the Vantage Pro console, the decimal places for LAT/LON were limited and so my station appeared a half-mile away.

When my station went down at the end of Sept. Low temps were in the 60's. Now they are reading in the 40's. Need to investigate that too ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:31:45 AM by SailorBill »
Davis Instruments 6163 Wireless Vantage Pro2+
Hautespot HR-IXPWIND router

PWS SNELLVA1
WU KVASPOTS4
CWOP DW3513
WXbug p17554

Offline Ajax

• Spring Brook Station
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 01:12:45 PM »
I got that same error even though everything appeared to be working fine. I had read that there was some potential for data issues without using the hub so I had to order one as well. Once installed the error went away and the whole things is happily working away.

As a conclusion to by saga with WU; I finally got a reply on October 13th. They actually responded to both of my messages. The first response was to my message sent on September 28th indicating that it looked like everything on my station was working (of course it was, I had new hardware and software in place). The second response indicated they had identified the problem on their servers and fixed it.  :-|
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless - Meteobridge | Weathercloud | HAM Weather

Offline neogeek

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 09:54:58 PM »
Mine is working as well.

anything