Author Topic: MetroBridge & WeatherLink Network 2  (Read 5164 times)

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Re: MetroBridge & WeatherLink Network 2
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »
the person that this thread is about, not Wim

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 08:00:57 PM »
the person that this thread is about, not Wim

Ok and Wim does have a USB logger/MB setup as does many others. Still wondering what the problem is?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 03:17:11 AM »
Ok and Wim does have a USB logger/MB setup as does many others. Still wondering what the problem is?

Which bit of my explanation didn't you follow?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 03:58:00 AM »
. . . shortened . . .
So, as I see it now, the Setup:WeatherLink Network menu item is greyed out, as is Setup:Network Upload (on if checked).
It will NOT work if you have NO mark at the bottom "Setup" setting "Network upload on . . "
It needs to be checked as without a valid network connection to the internet, uploads to 'whatever' are impossible.

I am not sure, if that is your problem.

But I tried another way. Leave the logger connected  to the MB
In WLfW just use Serial for a few minutes (although there is nothing connected by serial):
"Setup"  =>  "communications port" => Serial => OK
"Setup" =>  "Weatherlink network" => fill in your DID and key and save the settings
then
"Setup"  =>  "communications port" => "TCP/IP" =>  "Remote IP address"  and the IP and port number should be still there

I tried multiple times, this works for sure.
But my WLfW has multiple uploads to do, so "Setup:Network Upload (on if checked)" is always checked.
I will get a brand new DeviceID and KEY this weekend, install another WLfW  and will test it step by step making screenshots.
The problem is that i have only one console/logger.

Wim
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:04:14 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 04:12:03 AM »
ah, so you are tricking weatherlink software then
and that works?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 04:17:32 AM »
ah, so you are tricking weatherlink software then
and that works?
It worked both ways at my test site, but that is Mac=>VM Fusion => Windows7 => WLfW
To much "hardware" is replaced by "software" compared to a windowsPC with WLfW.
I got a Windows10 PC for loan this weekend, so I can test it without the Mac/Fusion..

But in all cases the "Setup:Network Upload (on if checked)" should be checked and the connection to internet should be functional.  Tested with at least 1 upload to a website.

Wim

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 04:21:55 AM »

OK, that sounds like a neat workaround. No obvious reason why it shouldn't work for WLfW, but obviously needs testing to be sure and hope that it's also robust to closing/reopening WL, rebooting PC, the attempted hourly uploads of archive data etc.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 04:42:34 AM »

OK, that sounds like a neat workaround. No obvious reason why it shouldn't work for WLfW, but obviously needs testing to be sure
OK, this weekend
and hope that it's also robust to closing/reopening WL,
done, multiple times
rebooting PC, the attempted hourly uploads of archive data etc.
done but on the Mac.
And to inspect the uploaded data I have to request a new DID as the old one is not free anymore.
And I do not want to "block" the IP-logger connected to the MB

Wim

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 12:43:16 PM »
I will test this trick weather link method here and let you know

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »
OK, this does work
I already had a different DID and Key than my actual IP data logger
and so I set weatherlink to upload to that
just so that I could see when that data was populated with new data on weatherlink.com (i.e at start it was blank)
and unset the actual weatherlink data logger upoads via the url IP in a browser (even though to a different station in the drop down on weatherlink.com, but not sure how they would both work together (weatherlink.exe and IP data logger uploading)

one thing is when you set the upload settings in weatherlink.exe (DID and Key) you actually need a working connection to the base station
so set that working first

This is really a bug in weatherlink.exe that you can exploit in this way
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:00:09 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »
Brian, is this via an MB unit? Or are you just testing 6555-sourced data from across the network?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 01:11:22 PM »
its via 2 consoles
one IP data logger and the other usb data logger (which I used to set up weatherlink.exe to upload to weatherlink.com first (virtual DID/key)
and then I selected the console with the IP data logger to get data from in weatherlink.exe, and it coninued to upload to weatherlink.com as per the usb data logger console connection setup
obviously though that IP data logger connection in weatherlink.exe would instead be the meteobridge passthrough IP data,for this whole argument , yes?

Offline MisterTwister55

• Photography by Mike Brulo
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 11:29:07 AM »
. . . shortened . . .
So, as I see it now, the Setup:WeatherLink Network menu item is greyed out, as is Setup:Network Upload (on if checked).
It will NOT work if you have NO mark at the bottom "Setup" setting "Network upload on . . "
It needs to be checked as without a valid network connection to the internet, uploads to 'whatever' are impossible.

I am not sure, if that is your problem.

But I tried another way. Leave the logger connected  to the MB
In WLfW just use Serial for a few minutes (although there is nothing connected by serial):
"Setup"  =>  "communications port" => Serial => OK
"Setup" =>  "Weatherlink network" => fill in your DID and key and save the settings
then
"Setup"  =>  "communications port" => "TCP/IP" =>  "Remote IP address"  and the IP and port number should be still there

But my WLfW has multiple uploads to do, so "Setup:Network Upload (on if checked)" is always checked.
I will get a brand new DeviceID and KEY this weekend, install another WLfW  and will test it step by step making screenshots.
The problem is that i have only one console/logger.

Wim

Wim:

I used your workaround by switching off TCP and to COM in order to allow me to put my DID and key in the weatherlink network field (and make sure the network upload is checked). This worked great. But when I go back to my TCP/IP setup, the weatherlink network option is greyed out again. The network connections is checked but greyed out. I switched back to COM to make sure the weatherlink network field remembered my DID and key, which it did. However, when on the TCP/IP option, I am getting nothing uploaded to weatherlink.com.

My question for you is when you switch back from COM to TCP, does your weatherlink upload field remain greyed out? Because mine does and I am getting no data to weatherlink.com.

Offline kokos1405

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 02:10:40 AM »
I have the same problem with meteohub.
I did the trick as suggested from Davis support but I only get uploaded the barometer and nothing else.

It’s frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk