Author Topic: GRLevel3 users: please update to the latest version!  (Read 14641 times)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: GRLevel3 users: please update to the latest version!
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 05:12:47 PM »
I don't understand why they're so negative toward the uploads.

Because that's not what it was designed for.  I get the impression that uploading anything was an afterthought and more intended for sharing examples between GR users as a tutorial of sorts.  Remember, GR3 was not intended as a commercial project for uploading and broadcasting images to the general public.  It really was intended more for Mets and the Public Safety field or business users who have assets to protect.  The whole hobbyist angle came in later and I'm not sure he was too wild about that.

Oh, and there are no Moderators over there that I know of.

Back when GR3 came out StormLab, Storm Predator, Swift Weather, and Nexrad3 were all used by the weather enthusiast as well as mets and EM's.    Mike should have known that GR3 would pique their interest. After all he did include an ftp option so I'm sure he knew that this "other crowd" would sample his product.
The final product is unmatched in my opinion but as others have mentioned the condescending attitude toward the ftp function and any improvement of it in the program is befuddling.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 05:40:10 PM »
Let's just say that GR3 is the mid-90s Ford Taurus, sturdy and reliable, but the design and modeling teams are focusing their efforts on the Expedition and Navigator.

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 11:27:45 PM »
Though I don't use AllisonHouse, yes, an auto update would save me because while I registered for the GRLevel3 owners forum, I never was approved. I cannot figure out why, but picking and choosing owners (read: customers) is a great way to lose business.

I have a boatload of ideas, but now that I think about it, only a handful of them would really benefit us users. Especially that FTP already mentioned.
Weather in Rio Rancho, New Mexico:

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 06:31:27 AM »
Though I don't use AllisonHouse, yes, an auto update would save me because while I registered for the GRLevel3 owners forum, I never was approved. I cannot figure out why, but picking and choosing owners (read: customers) is a great way to lose business.

I have a boatload of ideas, but now that I think about it, only a handful of them would really benefit us users. Especially that FTP already mentioned.
Thats weird. Sounds like a mis communication  to me. I'll bet if you contact Mike you'll be approved.

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 01:30:57 PM »

Thats weird. Sounds like a mis communication  to me. I'll bet if you contact Mike you'll be approved.

I was able to register (yet again). Maybe it'll be approved this time around.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »

Were you able to get access to the owners board yet?

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 11:31:35 PM »

Thats weird. Sounds like a mis communication  to me. I'll bet if you contact Mike you'll be approved.

Were you able to get access to the owners board yet?

Fixed the quote.

And nothing in my email inbox.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:43:42 PM by Chris H. »

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 06:35:06 AM »
Mixed message here? 

What's fixed? does that mean you are in?   but then "nothing in my email..." makes it sound like you havent heard whether you are "approved"

Andrew

Fixed.

And nothing in my email inbox.

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
Andrew I think the "fixed is referring to me.  I put my post inside the quote box and Chris switched it around.
Chris Check your PM.

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:17 PM »
I checked my PM  :grin:

Check yours now.

Offline scottm

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
I've visited/registered many forums through the years. What will drive me out in a hurry, every time, is rude moderators and "wannabe" fan-boys who act like you must spend 4 days solid reading the entire forum to make sure it hasn't been asked already somewhere 6 years ago before you have the PRIVILEGE of asking the question. 

I mean, i read the stickies, use search when available. But some of these people act like its a cardinal sin. Hell we all benefit from a question and answer usually.

One thing that really irks me, is when someone posts something of interest, and someone replies "oh thats old" or "last week called, they want their post back". It's usually an immature kids way of saying "haha i saw it before you did!" (remember, being first must an outstanding achievement to a kid, look at all the "First!!" comments on you-tube.

Besides, if i post something, and you've seen it already, doesn't that just make it all the better for us to have a discussion about it? in a discussion forum? Wouldn't be much of a discussion if only one person was discussing it.

Some of these forums get completely out of control with their "cliques". Reminds me of that old looney-tune cartoon, where the pitbull is strutting down the sidewalk and the little pip-squeek dog is running circles around him saying "we're friends aint we spike? huh huh!? me and you's friends right!!??"

I'll take a good solid community (which i believe i've found here" rather than a leadership/following anyday. I believe we can all learn from each others strong points and areas of expertise.

Just my two cents,
Good day everyone :)

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »
Bravo!  =D>

Offline IMADreamer

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 03:35:44 PM »
Well said Scott.  That's why this place is awesome.  Everyone help each other out and there is good happy discussion.
Hello my name is Jason, I am a Meteorologist, farmer, and auto journalist.
www.infinite-garage.com

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 12:36:17 AM »
Absolutely!!!!  I for one certainly don't mind hearing a question more than once!  Sometimes things have changed since the first query sometimes not but if it pertains it's always good to refresh my memory! And if I don't want or need to read it that's why they invented delete buttons!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything