Author Topic: Possible Collision???  (Read 1180 times)

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Possible Collision???
« on: June 08, 2016, 01:34:15 AM »
My question is regarding two wireless stations running on the same frequency and possible downstream interference.

I'm currently running an AcuRite 5n1 wirelessly connected to an AcuBridge on 433MHz.  I just revived a LaCrosse 308-2316 that seems to be functioning OK.  It too runs on 433Mhz.  Using LaCrosse's Weather History-Heavy Weather PC Software,  I was thinking of running them in parallel, but am concerned that interference from the LaCrosse may distort or disable the AcuRite which is my primary station.

1. Can I run both without melting down the AcuRite set up??

2. Sell the LaCrosse at my mother in laws yard sale??

Your thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
Mickleton, NJ

GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Possible Collision???
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:50:19 AM »
My question is regarding two wireless stations running on the same frequency and possible downstream interference.

I'm currently running an AcuRite 5n1 wirelessly connected to an AcuBridge on 433MHz.  I just revived a LaCrosse 308-2316 that seems to be functioning OK.  It too runs on 433Mhz.  Using LaCrosse's Weather History-Heavy Weather PC Software,  I was thinking of running them in parallel, but am concerned that interference from the LaCrosse may distort or disable the AcuRite which is my primary station.

1. Can I run both without melting down the AcuRite set up??

2. Sell the LaCrosse at my mother in laws yard sale??

Your thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
Mickleton, NJ

It should be fine.

433MHz is used by many low-powered devices.  They emit short bursts of data on a regular schedule.  The Acurite 5n1 sends out a packet every 18 seconds.  I don't know about the LaCrosse.

Yeah, there may be an occasional collision, but most of the time it's not a big deal.

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Re: Possible Collision???
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »
Thanks nincehelser, I appreciate the reply! 
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

anything