Author Topic: The new Davis VP2 in Bad Vilbel, Germany  (Read 1514 times)

Offline McCavity

• Jack of many trades
  • Weather Newbie
The new Davis VP2 in Bad Vilbel, Germany
« on: December 26, 2015, 06:05:28 AM »
Merry Christmas to you all, I hope you had great holidays. My Christmas present this year was my Davis Vantage Pro 2 which arrived shortly before Christmas. At the moment it is setup temporarily on a tripod which usually holds a light bar at the top (with 4 PAR lights). As I don't need it right now I used it to affix the VP2 to it until I get the "real" tripod which I'll mount to some concrete blocks. Since the current tripod's main purpose is to mount a light bar it is open at the top - so I closed it with the plastic bag you see at the top.

I know, it's not ideal (neither is the placement in the garden with all the tall trees and bushes around it) but it's all I can do right now... I'll post more images from time to time as the situation changes :-)

Best regards,
Henning
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:07:42 AM by McCavity »

Offline McCavity

• Jack of many trades
  • Weather Newbie
Re: The new Davis VP2 in Bad Vilbel, Germany
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 06:16:00 AM »
Small update: it's been freezing last night so this morning I got a Davis On The Rocks... :-)

Best regards,
Henning

Offline Central Maine Weather

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
Re: The new Davis VP2 in Bad Vilbel, Germany
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:57:44 AM »
You'll be very happy with the VP2. I love mine! I'll be anxious to see how your setup evolves. When I first got mine I didn't have time to set it up perfectly, but once I did you really do see the difference in data, especially wind speed if you can get the anemometer as close to the suggested 33' in the open as possible.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Happy weather watching!
    - Matt
Central Maine Weather | Manchester, ME, USA
Davis Vantage Pro2 w/24hr FARS & WeatherLink Live
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55
My YouTube Channel = https://www.youtube.com/@OffTrailMaine

anything