Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87103 times)

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #575 on: May 20, 2019, 11:22:02 AM »
Brian/William,

New updates look great!

Brian - like the "Nest Thermostat" and your indoor humidity graph.

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #576 on: May 20, 2019, 06:56:49 PM »
FYI to everyone. I'm switching my support email to support at baxleyweather.com since I've switched my site over to that url now. I'll still receive email at the old email address too, but I'd prefer if everyone used the new one.

Ed note: changed email to be spam harvester resistant form.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #577 on: May 21, 2019, 04:08:11 AM »
Brian/William,

New updates look great!

Brian - like the "Nest Thermostat" and your indoor humidity graph.

Chuck

good morning meant to reply last night but fell asleep cant seem to get beyond 11pm these days

the charts hopefully will appear for indoor temp/humidity in the late December release also there will be charts for purple air and other
air quality . I have an indoor air quality monitor so im going to build that into it as an option for those using meteobridge with newer hardware where supported.
you will see the puple air popup got some rework as I know you use that so hopefully its to your liking.
The December beta release will be a different beast all together and really feel like a true dashboard with options coming out of your ears though it wont lose its appearance and can be used just like the current one if extra options are not used.

so two popup modules should resemble something like this though the indoor air quality and charts are not available in current release. have a good day Im off to spend some time in the sun and sea get a bit of colour into my skin need lots of vitamin D ..have a great week and do follow William's enhancements he is more of a coder for the finer things that i just failed to sit down and do or listen, personally i like working on the visual design stuff always have but having William's(lightmaster) input,skills,ideas makes it more manageable and outcome is more appealing to everyones needs theoretically :-)

and what to expect in end of december :-)

...brian

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #578 on: May 21, 2019, 08:31:37 AM »
I look forward to all of the improvements that you and William are providing.

Have fun at the beach - going over today, myself. Sunlight beats those vitamin D supplements.

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #579 on: May 21, 2019, 11:12:48 AM »
How do you guys have time to go to the beach in the middle of the week? Even if I lived within a few miles I still wouldn't have time except on the weekend.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #580 on: May 21, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »
How do you guys have time to go to the beach in the middle of the week? Even if I lived within a few miles I still wouldn't have time except on the weekend.

the luxury comes with age and retirement, this time of year is perfect in a month or two it’s unbearable to the point of walking 10 yards and turning into a walking sweaty uncomfortable irritable neanderthal  and living under an ac 24/7 this part of istanbul is notorious for ridiculous high dew point values walk 2km inland feel likes you walked into a different climate so cool..  .. hopefully by then we will have moved..ps i live 150 meters from the beach and its the holy month of ramadan so there all empty till just after sunset..brian

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #581 on: May 21, 2019, 12:19:19 PM »

the luxury comes with age and retirement, this time of year is perfect in a month or two it’s unbearable to the point of walking 10 yards and turning into a walking sweaty uncomfortable irritable neanderthal  and living under an ac 24/7 this part of istanbul is notorious for ridiculous high dew point values walk 2km inland feel likes you walked into a different climate so cool..  .. hopefully by then we will have moved..ps i live 150 meters from the beach and its the holy month of ramadan so there all empty till just after sunset..brian

Same here. Old retired guy. Quick bike ride or 15 min. walk to the beach.

Chuck

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #582 on: May 23, 2019, 10:19:31 AM »
Brian/William,

I am curious about the NULLs that appear in our template data files, periodically. What causes these?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The reason I ask is because Chrome Desktop on Windows puts a small square wherever the NULL is in the data (see below).

Thanks,

Chuck
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:58:05 AM by prestwickwx »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #583 on: May 23, 2019, 12:09:56 PM »
Brian/William,

I am curious about the NULLs that appear in our template data files, periodically. What causes these?

The reason I ask is because Chrome Desktop on Windows puts a small square wherever the NULL is in the data (see below).

Thanks,

Chuck

I don't have an answer as to why they were being added in an older version...

As for removing/hiding them, I can definitely add them to the find/replace that hides the quotes on charts, and might be able to actually automate replacing them in the files with quotes.

You mind emailing me a file with them in it so I can see exactly which character it is?

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #584 on: May 23, 2019, 12:43:25 PM »
Brian/William,

Thanks,

Chuck

I don't have an answer as to why they were being added in an older version...

As for removing/hiding them, I can definitely add them to the find/replace that hides the quotes on charts, and might be able to actually automate replacing them in the files with quotes.

You mind emailing me a file with them in it so I can see exactly which character it is?

No problem - I just sent you an email.

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #585 on: May 24, 2019, 04:05:19 AM »
Just pushed a fix for the odd unicode character that Prestwickwx noticed in the monthly and yearly charts. Please either git pull or update the following files: (there's a lot of files, make sure you scroll down the list)

Code: [Select]
mbcharts/monthlybarometer.php
mbcharts/monthlydewpoint.php
mbcharts/monthlyrainfall.php
mbcharts/monthlysolar.php
mbcharts/monthlytemperature.php
mbcharts/monthlywindspeedgust.php
mbcharts/todayuvsmall.php
mbcharts/yearlybarometer.php
mbcharts/yearlybarometermedium.php
mbcharts/yearlydewpoint.php
mbcharts/yearlyrainfall.php
mbcharts/yearlyrainfallmedium.php
mbcharts/yearlysolar.php
mbcharts/yearlytemperature.php
mbcharts/yearlytemperaturemedium.php
mbcharts/yearlywindspeedgust.php
mbcharts/yearlywindspeedgustmedium.php
mbdbfiles/stationcron.php

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #586 on: May 24, 2019, 09:42:38 AM »
Just pushed a fix for the odd unicode character that Prestwickwx noticed in the monthly and yearly charts. Please either git pull or update the following files: (there's a lot of files, make sure you scroll down the list)

mbcharts/yearlysolar.php

William,

That fixed it.

Thank you for the fast update!

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #587 on: May 24, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »

mbcharts/yearlysolar.php

William,

That fixed it.

Thank you for the fast update!

Chuck

It already should have been filtering out that Unicode character, but apparently you have to type in the code \u0000 instead of pasting the character itself.

Offline ToTo

« Reply #588 on: May 24, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »
Is it possible to update the template on my Nano SD or can this update only from Boris in a Firmware Release?
PWS Magdeburg - Germany - https://wetter.de.cool MB-Smart HWS

Offline ngiovas

• Top of Ashford Weather Station
« Reply #589 on: May 24, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »
I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question.

I just purchased a meteobridge Nano SD and was trying to install the WEATHER34 templates.  I made the modifications to the Meteobridge services screen (but I don't seem to see the txt file in my PWS directory on the site).  I also uploaded all of the files to my server.  I also went through and entered all of the settings and saved them on the configuration screen.  When I enter the URL [HTTPS://DOMAIN/PWS/], the screen looks like it is trying to load the template, but there are several copies overlapping each other and they continually jump around and reload.  Here is an image to give you an idea of what I am seeing:

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #590 on: May 25, 2019, 02:21:23 AM »
Hello,
can you specify the url completely to your directory?
Let's see what it looks like for me.

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #591 on: May 25, 2019, 02:34:36 AM »
With me still the problem with the forecast.
stationcron. php was executed.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #592 on: May 25, 2019, 02:38:34 AM »

I just purchased a meteobridge Nano SD and was trying to install the WEATHER34 templates.  I made the modifications to the Meteobridge services screen (but I don't seem to see the txt file in my PWS directory on the site).  I also uploaded all of the files to my server.  I also went through and entered all of the settings and saved them on the configuration screen.  When I enter the URL [HTTPS://DOMAIN/PWS/], the screen looks like it is trying to load the template, but there are several copies overlapping each other and they continually jump around and reload.  Here is an image to give you an idea of what I am seeing:

What's your url?

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #593 on: May 25, 2019, 02:47:42 AM »
With me still the problem with the forecast.
stationcron. php was executed.

Make sure your mbdbfiles folder was uploaded correctly.

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #594 on: May 25, 2019, 02:56:54 AM »
Uploaded it again and executed stationcron.php again.
Unfortunately no success. . . .
API keys are correct. . .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:51:31 AM by webcam »

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #595 on: May 25, 2019, 09:24:17 AM »

What's your url?

The url is:

https://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #596 on: May 25, 2019, 11:36:55 AM »

What's your url?

The url is:

https://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/

Try removing the entire template from your site and download it again from github. Something may have been corrupted when downloading it or uploading to your website

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #597 on: May 25, 2019, 01:49:17 PM »
Try removing the entire template from your site and download it again from github. Something may have been corrupted when downloading it or uploading to your website

Thanks, I wiped the directory clean and re-uploaded the files.  That made the template appear as it should, but I don't have any data.  I went back through all of the settings on the config screen and on the meteobridge, but can't figure out where the error is.  Are there any log files I can check?

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #598 on: May 25, 2019, 03:14:03 PM »

Thanks, I wiped the directory clean and re-uploaded the files.  That made the template appear as it should, but I don't have any data.  I went back through all of the settings on the config screen and on the meteobridge, but can't figure out where the error is.  Are there any log files I can check?

In the Meteobridge network's tab, you've selected HomeWeatherStation and entered https://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/mbridge right? Also, if you go to https://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/mbridge/mb.php it says there's a connection issue to your MySQL database, looks like no password.

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #599 on: May 25, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »

In the Meteobridge network's tab, you've selected HomeWeatherStation and entered https://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/mbridge right? Also, if you go to https://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/mbridge/mb.php it says there's a connection issue to your MySQL database, looks like no password.

on the weather networks tab, I did create a home weather station which has this link:  https://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/mbridge/mb.php.  When I test it, I get a green checkmark on the live data tab showing that it just updated.

I was trying to figure out if the database was working properly, so I had temporarily removed the info from the settings.  I put it back in and now I am getting an error that says "mysql failed"  I gave the user full read write access to the database, but I don't know if there is another connection issue.  I created the database by importing it through phpmyadmin (using the file that was in the downloaded zip).  It appears that it did create the table.

anything