Author Topic: VPLive 1.1.10 released  (Read 3030 times)

Offline tinplate

• Forecaster
    • http://www.softwx.com/products.html
VPLive 1.1.10 released
« on: February 21, 2008, 06:35:52 PM »
Edit - I've uploaded a newer version (v.1.1.10) after someone discovered a bug in 1.1.9. The lat/long controls somehow got their range values set back to default. This limited the longitude to 100. If your true longitude is greater than 100 and you went into that form in v.1.1.9, your longitude will have been changed to 100. Download the new version and check that your longitude degrees are correct. The minutes and seconds will not have been changed, nor any of the latitude values. Sorry for the trouble.
A new version of VPLive is now available on the SoftWx website http://www.softwx.com/weather/vplive.html
I wanted to get this out sooner, but I've had an issue at work that was demanding my full attention. With that passed, here finally is the new version of VPLive containing the changes brought about by the new recommendations from the CWOP folks and the APRS server folks. If you look over the changes below, you'll see that I've made it so I can deal with most of these server issues now without having to make a new version of VPLive. I haven't tested this a lot because I wanted to get it out as soon as I could. It's currently working for me. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

v.1.1.9 has these changes:

Implemented new CWOP recommendations for offsetting the APRS upload time based on the last digit of the user's CWOP callsign.

Added a "wobble" factor to randomly change the send time by an amount less than 1 minute so that data is not always sent on even minute boundaries.

Removed manual entry of APRS server and port.

Server and port list are no longer hard coded into the program. That data is now in a file called AprsServers.txt.

Added feature for periodically and automatically downloading the AprsServers.txt file from the SoftWx website.

Default AprsServers.txt file specifies the first server attempt as cwop.aprs.net, port 14580, per the new CWOP specifications.

Added recognition and handling of "Port full" response from APRS servers.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:13:09 AM by tinplate »

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
Re: VPLive 1.1.9 released
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:20:58 PM »
Steve, just downloaded 1.1.9 and it went fine.  I like the new APRS settings.

However, in my APRS setup the Longitude won't go any higher than 100 (mine should be 108).  If you manually enter 108 and OK it doesn't seem to save.

Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline tinplate

• Forecaster
Re: VPLive 1.1.9 released
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:45:08 PM »
Somehow the spin controls all lost the max values I had set and reverted to the default. I'm fixing it now and should have version 1.1.10 up in the next 10 minutes or so.

Steve
SoftWx

Offline tinplate

• Forecaster
Re: VPLive 1.1.10 released
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:13:55 AM »
If you downloaded 1.1.9 already, please download 1.1.10 and check that your longitude degrees are ok.

Steve

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
Re: VPLive 1.1.10 released
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:43:27 AM »
1.1.10 working fine, that fixed it Steve, thanks!  The guys at findu noticed the problem right away:

APRS Location recorded at 2008-Feb-22 12:10 UTC
Latitude: 38° 44' 24" N (deg min sec), 38.7400° (decimal), 3844.40N (LORAN)
Longitude: 100° 5' 28" W (deg min sec), -100.0910° (decimal), 10005.46W (LORAN)
The location reported in the weather reports (via APRS) is significantly different to the registered location above. In particular, the difference is about 431.5 miles. If you have changed your location (or software) since the time above, then this can be a false alarm. Check the location currently being reported at findu.com.

Thanks for the quick fix.
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?