Author Topic: Meteobridge not connecting to Cumulus  (Read 2320 times)

Offline flapjack1439

Meteobridge not connecting to Cumulus
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »
My meteobridge will not connect to Cumulus. I've had it up and running for a year. The meteobridge is connected to my router, I have an address, but does not connect to either Cumulus or to weather underground. I've checked the address and it is correct in setup. We had a short power outage and I've recently changed the comcast modem. Any ideas?

Offline Robbie936

Re: Meteobridge not connecting to Cumulus
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:34:51 PM »
I have found that after a power outage i need to have my router/modem up and running correctly before i power yup the meteobridge. Try reboot the meteobridge if everything else is ok.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 04:37:04 AM »
I take it you can confirm that your Cumulus box is using a static IP address? otherwise DHCP could possibly lease a different IP each time the power is restarted.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:50:26 AM »
I take it you can confirm that your Cumulus box is using a static IP address? otherwise DHCP could possibly lease a different IP each time the power is restarted.

Good point especially because they just made changes to the network with ISP change that probably changed their router if they didn't have their own. But I would never recommend to set a static address. Instead I would recommend a DHCP reservation via MAC Address entry into the router to then dish out the same IP to that computer. This way it removes the possibility of an IP conflict. Most routers default DHCP range is the entire subnet of .2 through .254 and so any static assignment you make has the possibility of ending up as a conflict. If you are going so do a static and also reduce the DHCP range in the router to remove the conflict, then while you are there in the router might as well instead just set up a reservation.

I would check USB connection. If using  a USB hub test it that it didn't go bad (with another device and a PC) and that it has power.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:58:18 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 07:12:23 AM »

Good point especially because they just made changes to the network with ISP change that probably changed their router if they didn't have their own. But I would never recommend to set a static address. Instead I would recommend a DHCP reservation via MAC Address entry into the router to then dish out the same IP to that computer. This way it removes the possibility of an IP conflict. Most routers default DHCP range is the entire subnet of .2 through .254 and so any static assignment you make has the possibility of ending up as a conflict. If you are going so do a static and also reduce the DHCP range in the router to remove the conflict, then while you are there in the router might as well instead just set up a reservation.

Nothing wrong with fixed/static IP address, it all has to do with understanding and management

Offline flapjack1439

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 03:04:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

I have rebooted everything numerous times, to no avail. Modem and router  are running correctly. 

I'm running tcp/ip in cumulus and have the correct ip address listed. As I said, it does connct to the router, but not cumulus.

If the usb hub was bad it should not stop the meteobridge frrom connecting to cumulus or weather underground, correct? It would show no data.

It does change ip address each time. I must change it in cumulus when it happens.

Am I missing something?

Offline flapjack1439

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »
Got it.

It appears the data logger came unplugged from the back of the console. How that happened, who knows. The suggestion about the usb connection got me to check. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 05:53:12 PM »
You're welcome. Glad you got it going.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole