Author Topic: What's Your Bloomsky Station?  (Read 23972 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: What's Your Bloomsky Station?
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2016, 08:14:29 PM »
How can you follow off the links posted in this forum?

I simply click on the link and get the camera name (actually, it's the "device name") and then on my phone, I tap on the little globe icon, tap the search box and then select "By Device Name" and enter in the name of the device I want to follow. Once that comes up just tap the the big star at the bottom of the screen to tag them as a favorite.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »
Hopefully they make an easier way. I can see who's following my station, but there's no way to even clock on their name to see their station.
Tony

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2016, 08:41:02 PM »
Got my daughter's up today. Manlius (Syracuse) New York

https://maps.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnmJWz
Tony

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »
Hopefully they make an easier way. I can see who's following my station, but there's no way to even clock on their name to see their station.

Yes. That is my idea also. would be a lot easier to add people that way.

Anthony

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2016, 09:18:40 AM »
I emailed support from BloomSky this morning and asked them if maybe someone from support would like to join in our discussions we've had about the BloomSky so far. Would be nice I think.
Tony

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2016, 04:32:33 PM »
I emailed support from BloomSky this morning and asked them if maybe someone from support would like to join in our discussions we've had about the BloomSky so far. Would be nice I think.

I believe we already have at least one wxforum member who is associated with Bloomsky - lijun - http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=profile;u=15064

If you look at his (her?) posts, they seem to indicate they are from Bloomsky. I may be wrong on this and am basing my answer on what have been posted in his posts.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2016, 04:48:59 PM »
OOPS   :oops:

Anyone with the Android app,  do you know how to see how many views you've had for your station?  My daughter has the ios app,  and when she gets a notice her video for the day is done it tells her how many views also.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:26:24 PM by CNYWeather »
Tony

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2016, 09:06:08 PM »
OOPS   :oops:

Anyone with the Android app,  do you know how to see how many views you've had for your station?  My daughter has the ios app,  and when she gets a notice her video for the day is done it tells her how many views also.

I haven't seen that option on my android.  It seems the IOS has more features.

Also, Lijun, she is the Strategic Advisor of Worldwide Sales for BloomSky.
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2016, 09:32:27 PM »

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »
Hi Folks,

Got my replacement Bloomsky.  Here is the URL:  https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnoKaz

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2016, 09:04:13 AM »
https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnm5eq

I got mine yesterday and the video is one of moving, setting up and I think I am in the right spot.  I have to tip the camera a bit, but we are good.

Does anyone have the UV sensor working on theirs?   My Davis says it is about a 4 and the Bloomsky is 1.   

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »

I got mine yesterday and the video is one of moving, setting up and I think I am in the right spot.  I have to tip the camera a bit, but we are good.

Does anyone have the UV sensor working on theirs?   My Davis says it is about a 4 and the Bloomsky is 1.
It depends on how far you have the head of the unit adjusted up or down.
When I first installed mine I had it in the full up position and the UV readings were high.
When I received the replacement unit I opted for more of a ground view so I had it in the down position and the UV readings went to low.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2016, 10:26:33 PM »

It depends on how far you have the head of the unit adjusted up or down.
When I first installed mine I had it in the full up position and the UV readings were high.
When I received the replacement unit I opted for more of a ground view so I had it in the down position and the UV readings went to low.

I tried your method and you are correct  not sure why but it works.

Offline CSB

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2016, 09:17:43 AM »
AARD, Did you just adjust it to match your Davis?

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »
AARD, Did you just adjust it to match your Davis?

No,  I am leaving it alone.  I am checking some things, the pressure is close, humidity and temperature  , well The Bloomsky sits in direct sunlight without a radiation shield so it is getting a direct hit.  I have a Fars on the Davis, so the readings will be high. UV,  haven't checked that, but i know now that the sensor has to be pointing directly up.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2016, 12:38:50 AM »
I just recently noticed that my BloomSky barometer readings are now closely matching my other two stations on Wunderground.  It used to be way off but they are tweaking it evidently it seems....

Anyone else notice this?

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2016, 01:04:49 AM »
I just recently noticed that my BloomSky barometer readings are now closely matching my other two stations on Wunderground.  It used to be way off but they are tweaking it evidently it seems....

Anyone else notice this?

I was reading in another thread here that wunderground is starting to adjust your reading if they think you are sending station/absolute pressure.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »

Anyone else notice this?

I was reading in another thread here that wunderground is starting to adjust your reading if they think you are sending station/absolute pressure.

Yes they are definitely changing PWS barometers readings on Wunderground.   I've been monitoring 12 stations in my area and recently all of our stations are now reading very close, compared to the past where several stations always read very high barometer readings. 

I gather this is a good thing since there will be more consistency across the board. 

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2016, 02:45:04 PM »
I gather this is a good thing since there will be more consistency across the board.

I've mixed feelings. 

Yes, it will likely make it more consistent, but on the other hand, it sounds like they've just given up on people knowing how to set their barometers properly.

All I really care about are the trends.  It's unfortunate some sites just show a number now.  Bloomsky is one.  myAcurite needs to fix this, too.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2016, 03:07:58 PM »

Anyone else notice this?

Yes they are definitely changing PWS barometers readings on Wunderground.   I've been monitoring 12 stations in my area and recently all of our stations are now reading very close, compared to the past where several stations always read very high barometer readings. 

I'm not sure this is a "good thing" at all. Just stop and ask yourself, which one of the inputs are really accurate and then, how does WU establish a value from those selected? Do they take an average of the inputs or do they base it on another known value, like from a nearby airport, which also may or may not be accurate either? True they may smooth out the readings but how is anyone to know they are really accurate? Also, do we really care? As nincenhelser said in his post, all he cares about are the trends and not the actual values. Perhaps that is a better way of monitoring barometric readings. A trend will let you know a low or high pressure area is approaching or leaving an area.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2016, 03:47:51 PM »

Anyone else notice this?

I'm not sure this is a "good thing" at all. Just stop and ask yourself, which one of the inputs are really accurate and then, how does WU establish a value from those selected? Do they take an average of the inputs or do they base it on another known value, like from a nearby airport, which also may or may not be accurate either? True they may smooth out the readings but how is anyone to know they are really accurate? Also, do we really care? As nincenhelser said in his post, all he cares about are the trends and not the actual values. Perhaps that is a better way of monitoring barometric readings. A trend will let you know a low or high pressure area is approaching or leaving an area.

I do see my actual settings match what are shown on WU for my Ambient Stations except for the BloomSky.
I'm not sure where they get the Bloomsky value from since it doesn't match what Bloomsky is showing.  If they are toggling between Abs or Rel pressure that is one thing but to tweak the values based on something else is troubling as mentioned.

If they can adjust the barometer will they adjust the temperature or other measurements too?

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2016, 04:16:59 PM »

Anyone else notice this?

Agree. This is almost "big brotherish" to me.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »
BUT, I suspect that 90%+ of their viewers are not PWS owners like ourselves and thus, those users would never know the difference (or even care!)...  ](*,)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2016, 11:59:24 PM »
Strange happening.   We had a hard short rain and my Bloomsky just plain quit.   No updates, it shut down.  So... I had to reset it several times and right now it sits in the picture window in the family room.   I think I have one item figured out.  It doesn't follow the calendar or the time, but the light.   There are two sensors on the top. One is for the UV, the other is a solar on /off switch.  When the daylight gets to a certain level, it either turns the camera on or off.

But I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working.

I left it inside last night to see what happened.    I am wondering if it shuts down if the rain gets too bad.   We are due for more serious rain today.   If it loses transmission, I am going to ask the boss if she would mind it being closer to the house.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:54:08 AM by Aardvark »

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2016, 06:45:44 PM »
Strange happening.   We had a hard short rain and my Bloomsky just plain quit.   No updates, it shut down.  So... I had to reset it several times and right now it sits in the picture window in the family room.   I think I have one item figured out.  It doesn't follow the calendar or the time, but the light.   There are two sensors on the top. One is for the UV, the other is a solar on /off switch.  When the daylight gets to a certain level, it either turns the camera on or off.

But I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working.

I left it inside last night to see what happened.    I am wondering if it shuts down if the rain gets too bad.   We are due for more serious rain today.   If it loses transmission, I am going to ask the boss if she would mind it being closer to the house.

Rain should not cause it to fail.  Its possible the battery went low since its new.   When plugged into the A/C adapter if you get the Red LED its charging and will turn off when fully charged.  If you still can't get it online after that then I would contact BloomSky support sorry to say...
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew