Author Topic: VM95 Software  (Read 5473 times)

Offline Albuquerque Weather

• Senior Contributor
    • Albuquerque Amateur Weather
VM95 Software
« on: June 06, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »
Anybody know what happened to EVS or is it just me?

http://www.video-monitoring.com/

I get the forum but nothing else from EVS

Ron

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
Re: VM95 Software
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »
Yes, since requesting my config files they've shut down the website in order to dedicate their full resources to getting my 2 Olys on-line for me.  :mrgreen:

Maybe a server glitch? - they were online a couple of days ago.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:58:57 PM »
OK
Took them a week to get back to you though.
I check that site often.
Chris or Nick will be on it.
Oh by the way - Chris is a girl.

My C765 is working great and I thought about a 2nd cam today a C400 which I have.

Ron

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Yeah, I've followed your threads over there - you've come into some interesting scenarios with VM95, haven't you?

When VM95/C4000 was talked about on the RMWN, I 'tested' it with my daily user 765 while waiting for mem cards for the C4000. I wouldn't mind having one or two of those online. Love that 10x optical zoom!

The last few days, I've been going thru the black frame situation along with the Oly restart.  ](*,)  Never had that before so I know I did something that I shouldn't have! I have to comb thru my nite scene capture config - that's when it starts and prompts a USB reset to fix.

I have faith in them setting me up with multi-Olys (if they can). It is free software so no rush here.  :grin:

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 03:31:34 PM »
Hi

What Chris told me last time was to do a computer restart with vm95 scene -999 i think it is.
I set it up twice - am and pm works great and clears all winxp buffers - works ok now.
Try the -999 as well.

Ron

ps - vm95 is all thats on that pc.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »
I don't think the full reset would be my best bet. Perhaps more of a last alternative, in my case. It didn't start until I started playing with the stacking and averaging options on the night shots so I'm sure I forgot to undo something. I think it may be related to too small a mem card in the camera in concert with the stacking - I'll have to check that as I think I may have upped the cam's native resolution as well.

-- I just changed the mem card from 16 to a 64 and I'll see how that works out tonite.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »
I dont know that a bigger mem card will help as vm95 images dont goto the mem card.
It is only there because the camera needs it to operate, unlike some software that puts images on the camera then transfer to pc.

My night shots are set to seek proper exposure and best quality

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 03:59:02 AM »
I first set it up in Nov or late Oct and the black frames only became an issue in the last week or two. During that time I've upgraded VM to 98E/F and played around with stacking etc. During the stacking and/or(?) averaging trials, pics would be stored on the card (according to the cam test routine after a crash) and at times, depending on what I had the cam's native resolution set to, would only report room for 6 frames! During that setup, it would definitely crash during stacking. Reformatting the card would clear it but frames would later be reported on the card again. Thinking back, I can't remember if just pulling the USB cable w/out a format did anything.

I'll have to do a cam preview next time it crashes or black frames and see what's on the card - something ends up on it to the tune of 5 or 6 frames the one time I checked during image stacking crashes. I would think if VM is not utilizing the card at all, there shouldn't be any change in the card's contents - unless it pipes thru the card and leaves residual crap after a crash; not being able to clean up after itself.

Clearing the OS buffers does makes sense except for the 7 or 8 months of clean operation. Perhaps a quirk in 98E/F? I was using 91D prior to May 21st and started playing with the stacking/averaging around the 24th for a few days.

Maybe the card is failing - I've heard they had a reputation for that in the past.

What version VM were you running during your black frames?
Did you get them with the 765 and its xD mem card?

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
Anybody know what happened to EVS or is it just me?

http://www.video-monitoring.com/

I get the forum but nothing else from EVS

Ron

They're back online.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »
I run vm95 EF and all my problems seem to be with the C4000 camera.
I have 2 of them and the 765.
With a pc reset each day all seems to be ok -

One thing you might try if you dont want to reset the pc is
put the camera on a reset - ie turn power of at a set time for 1 min then back on.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 04:27:56 PM »
Just another thought

under the 98 scene archive tab - there is a check box for store images on camera.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
'Store images...' was the first thing I looked into. I had tried so many different things trying to get the 2 cams running, who knows what I checked but going thru all the option menus, I'm pretty sure it's where it should be.

It ran smooth overnite but the more I think about it the more I think it could be USB related. If it happens again from this point, I'll try a Cat extender on it. Using that helped me with the Logitech 9000 cam that was ignored by the system using regular USB extensions. The USB extension situation is really only a temp thing so no biggie if that's a contributing factor. Then again, the C4000 has always been on those extenders.

That doesn't frustrate me as much as not being able to run multi-cams. I'm sitting here with 2 4000s and 1 4040 waiting to go. I actually have to look out the window to check the clouds... {sniff...sniff}  :lol:

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 06:05:03 PM »
I dont know what it is with vm95 and usb - I couldnt get it to run with a c4000 on my laptop - always said no camera present.  I bought an oly/usb cable off ebay for $3 and now it works  for now - go figure

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »
Funny you should mention that - I just bought a few Oly/USB cables on EBay myself. The C4040 didn't come with one but the 4000s did. I bought a couple of each just in case.