Author Topic: Blue Iris Software Problem  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Blue Iris Software Problem
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
I sprung for a Foscam 8910.  I am going to use it either in the living room to monitor Louie and Carmella when we are away or I will exchange it with the weather web cam (D-Link DCS-930L)  and put it in to operation and put the Dlink in the living room.

In any case,  I sprung for the 15% off on the Blue Iris3 software package that came with the camera offer from Foscam.   I had been using D-links Dview and hated it.   I am playing around with the software while the Foscam ships, with the cameras I have and I like it.

Anyway..  I have noticed that with both software programs in their time, that when either is running, when I open a web browser, the thing crashes and I get the attached message.  I have let the Blue Iris grind away sending images to my website to a hidden folder for testing, all night with no problems.  I have had it running along side my Weatherdisplay which also has a webcam capture and is sending images and video to the site (have the page up and running), along with everything it does normally.  It doesn't crash.

I have shut down Weatherdisplay totally , rebooted and started the Blue Iris, then any browser, IE9; Chrome; Safari and after a bit it crashes .   I have 8GB ram, A TB of disk space remaining.   I am 3 feet from the actiontec router/modem  and connected fine.

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, firewalls are fine, checked on that. I have run the program in both the regular and admin settings. Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit system.

I am leaning to the idea that something in the settings in the internet options in the browser, the program doesn't like, but I need to know what I need to change in order to make it work while I am on the computer and using the browser.

I will accept any suggestions if anyone has had that problem or experience with a similar package.

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
Re: Blue Iris Software Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »
SebecTec IP cam software? http://sebectec.com/ipcam/index.htm

-Mike

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Blue Iris Software Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »
found the bug.  The HOSTs file .. I went into the Microsoft fixit for me  and had the file set to the original settings. It took out a heck of a lot of blocked sites and so forth.   Now it works perfectly.

I do thank you for the information here.  Seems to me that when BI works, it access some sites and then when they are blocked, it shuts down.

I found that by accident.  A while ago I couldn't access sitemeter from only this computer. After a lot of time, I found one article that mentioned finding the sitemeter url and dumping it.  SO when I was on my bank site, I needed to look at something else and it wouldn't work.  That is when I dumped the HOSTS file contents.

Then I also noticed after rebooting and getting everything running again BI started to work right, no more crashes.   

anything