Author Topic: Download Manager  (Read 1014 times)

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Download Manager
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »
I have to use a good download manager in case the telephone connection is broken or the power goes off.  Many is the time I've lost a download 90% complete because of those reasons.  I have started using Orbit Downloader.  It's free and it resumes a download if it's interrupted.  I have found that if I disable the rapid fire on the instances of WUHU, that my old dialup desktop is a good downloader (if I'm not in a hurry).  I am attaching a screen cap of the downloader in the middle of a download.  Look at the times!  It takes days to download some of those videos.  But, a good download manager will take care of it.  There are other features on Orbit that I'll never use (the social network stuff and the program update manager).  I don't mean to sound like a commercial.  I just thought that someone might be looking for a good way to download files or programs without interruption or loss.

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Download Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
FWIW, there are lots of complaints about the "features" of Orbit.  Social updater and P2P connections for instance.  FDM - Free Download Manager is ugly but it works.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything