Author Topic: Name Change  (Read 1702 times)

Offline w1dfu

Name Change
« on: October 01, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
I'm wondering if it's possible to change the name of my weather station as it appears on Wunderground?

The only way I can presently see to do it would be to delete it and create a different one, but it would seem there must be a way to do it short of doing that.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thank you!!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Name Change
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »
There used to be a way in the setup edit, as I have done it a few years ago.  But I seem to recall some people recently reporting that WU has some current issues on the PWS edits that is not working.  Try contacting WU and they may give an update on the issue or help you get it changed.

Paul 

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:50:42 PM »
There used to be a way in the setup edit, as I have done it a few years ago.  But I seem to recall some people recently reporting that WU has some current issues on the PWS edits that is not working.  Try contacting WU and they may give an update on the issue or help you get it changed.

Paul

You are correct.  I have tried to make changes to my profile and it won't let me for several weeks now.  When you go to the PWS edit page it kinda half acts like you are adding a new station and says location verified but it cannot find your time zone.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline quaffin1

• Semper Fi
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »
Same problem here.  I didn't realize that they used what you entered in for "neighborhood" as the name that post first indentifying the station.
I want to change the "neighborhood" setting and all I get is - address verified, but an error for the time zone.  Sent a message to support, but not sure if there is ever any response from these guys...

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »
I can't edit mine either. There is something wrong. Maybe wait a while and see if they fix it. Also I get 3 hits instead of one added to the PWS viewed count with each refresh.

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 06:04:54 PM »
I can't edit mine either. There is something wrong. Maybe wait a while and see if they fix it. Also I get 3 hits instead of one added to the PWS viewed count with each refresh.

Yep I think we are all in the same boat with these WU issues.  I'll just wait patiently.  Also my iPad app is not working properly (that's another forum thread).
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 07:22:50 PM »
Besides the problem not being able to edit my PWS that everyone else is seeing, they threw a new twist in this afternoon.  For some reason, my preferences changed to metric when viewing the web site.  Gotta love the professionalism that those Weather Channel programmers brought to WU.....  #-o
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline awilltx

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »
I've experienced all of these problems plus the additional problem of being unable to change my email addy. Unfortunately, WU isn't answering email messages regarding any problems I've had. Guess they're overwhelmed with support issues. Oh well...

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
I've experienced all of these problems plus the additional problem of being unable to change my email addy. Unfortunately, WU isn't answering email messages regarding any problems I've had. Guess they're overwhelmed with support issues. Oh well...
Yeah... too busy assisting TWC with winter storm naming....

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 07:42:55 PM »
I opened a ticket on Saturday, because my iPhone app is displaying ads even though I am one of their oldest paying members.  I tried to logoff and then logon again, but the app throws a server error and is now more useless.  Delete and re-install did nothing.  Haven't heard a peep in response after almost a week, and I am seriously considering letting my subscription lapse next spring since Comcast has apparently taken over their customer support operation.....

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
I opened a ticket on Saturday, because my iPhone app is displaying ads even though I am one of their oldest paying members.  I tried to logoff and then logon again, but the app throws a server error and is now more useless.  Delete and re-install did nothing.  Haven't heard a peep in response after almost a week, and I am seriously considering letting my subscription lapse next spring since Comcast has apparently taken over their customer support operation.....

I don't think it's time to jump ship just yet but understand your desire to let your subscription lapse.  Personally I have been using WU less and less over time.  It used to be sooo dependable.  Now it's become hit or miss if a feature is going to work or not.  I have uninstalled the WU app from my iPad.  If it ever gets fix I'll add it again.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »
Hey I can edit my station on WU now.  =D>  One problem fixed.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 11:47:07 PM »

Are you feeding data?  They should give you a freebie membership... Ah well.. wunderweenies...

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 07:24:11 PM »
Are you feeding data?  They should give you a freebie membership...

I just started sending them data last month.  I have been a paying member for as long as they have offered to take my money, and a WU user dating back to their pre-web days (when the site was being hosted by telnet out of U-Michigan and illegally providing a poached data feed from a NWS satellite link).  Hence the Underground part.....