Author Topic: Acurite is blowing it  (Read 4754 times)

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Acurite is blowing it
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »
I actually have two stations on my property…a Fine Offset clone (Ecowitt) and the Atlas. The Ecowitt has been perfect and flawless for nearly three months now. It is my main reporting station since my original AcuRite 5-1 had the sunny temp issue. Plus it reports UV.

I have one more day to return my current Atlas. I unplugged the lightning detector and everything else with the Atlas is working (UV, etc.). I am torn on what to do with regards to the Atlas return…I need the second Access for my other sensors and I and I do like the HD display. I also do not look forward to taking everything back down and packing, shipping, etc. since I am always pressed for time.

I still have not heard back from AcuRite support yet…and if the Atlas needs a fan to fix the issue, does that mean sending it back and waiting about a month (like I did with the Access)?
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »
Are you planning on running a VP2 and an Ambient station at the same location just for fun? Or are you looking to put the Ambient station at a secondary location?

One can never have too many weather stations in your backyard: ;)

WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »
Very nice! I see 3 different stations up on two poles.

What is up with the strange cloud formations? Is that an air show?
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »
ICBMs.  :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2018, 07:58:21 PM »

USAF Thunderbirds, performing at the New York International Air Show back in September.  I believe that they were drawing a heart in that maneuver if the newspaper was correct, but I can't say for sure since I'm not willing to pay for a ticket when I get this kind of show from my back deck:

Both the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels form up into their formations for their next easterly passes right over my house whenever they perform at the airshow.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
BA's rule.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »
I'm not willing to pay for a ticket
You shouldn't have to drop a dime for any DOD airshow.

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2018, 08:59:40 PM »
I get the free airshows as well...from Tora, Tora, Tora to the much bigger ones...(close to WPAFB).

Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline Jstx

• Senior Contributor
  • Baby the Rain Must Fall
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »

USAF Thunderbirds, performing at the New York International Air Show back in September.  I believe that they were drawing a heart in that maneuver if the newspaper was correct, but I can't say for sure since I'm not willing to pay for a ticket when I get this kind of show from my back deck:

Both the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels form up into their formations for their next easterly passes right over my house whenever they perform at the airshow.....

I spent much of my life a few blocks from the Confederate Air Force HQ (now renamed, expanded, and moved to other airports).
We would see not only the BA's and T'birds, but all those older warbirds zooming over the house at 500-2000 ft on final, absolutely awesome.
Plus they would practice all the week before AirSho weekend (not good if working deep nights, urg...). Still bought tickets for the family, wanted my kids to get the 'closeup' experience (we would anyway as some acquaintances were top CAF brass).
You ain't lived until Fifi (one of a two still flying B-29's) or a wing of B-17's shakes the leaves off of your big ol' Bo tree and you count the bomb bay rivets. Man, that was forty, almost fifty years ago, and Fifi is still flying (been in it and many of the others).
HRL was a big WWII AAF training base (nav, gunnery, A&P mostly), with several outlying aux fields. When you taxied out, the taxiways still had the faint WWII aircraft 'type' parking assignment markings along them. All changed now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commemorative_Air_Force

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_B-29_Superfortress#Surviving_aircraft

Offline WXman

• Stormdawg
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »

Since I have a VP2, I'm now looking at maybe trying an Ambient station because it'll be something new for me.

Are you planning on running a VP2 and an Ambient station at the same location just for fun? Or are you looking to put the Ambient station at a secondary location?

Yes, the secondary station will be mounted in another location on my property, still somewhat close to my house so I don't have to use repeaters to get the signal to the console.  I'm going to put this second one online too.

I thought about just buying a second VP2 console, but for that kind of money I realized I could nearly buy a complete Ambient or Acurite system and do more with it.
B.S. in Meteorology/Climatology

38.01977N, 84.83486W
Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless station
AcuRite 5-n-1 w/ WiFi reporting to WU

anything