Author Topic: 3 Time Lapses To Share....  (Read 881 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
3 Time Lapses To Share....
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:23:50 AM »
I am giving a presentation at the local community center this week and have been cleaning up some time lapses to share.  I condensed a full day time lapse of a superior mirage and fata morgana into a one minute time lapse.  This really shows the detail and in a short enough period so you don't lose interest. 

In the midst of that time lapse I saw a pretty good example of fata morgana.  I put together a short slide show so you can see the detail.  Watch the little white boat that comes in from the right and then turns into 2 boats as the beach drifts away from the point and then turns into 4 boats..... 

That point (Bush Point on Whidbey Island) is around 8 miles away. 

This video is just kind of fun.  I'm not using it at the presentation, but I thought I'd share.  It is a short video of a sunrise that transitions into a sunset.....  See if you can find the stitch.... 8-)   

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: 3 Time Lapses To Share....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
Greg, First thank you for sharing, taking the time to compile and publish the video and slideshow.

Second, very sweet catch that is textbook stuff.  I watched them several times and absolutely loved them.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Randall

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
Re: 3 Time Lapses To Share....
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Greg. That is cool to watch.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

anything