Author Topic: Hee Hee  (Read 693 times)

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Hee Hee
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:09:25 AM »
Was just watching the real-time...
Thinking back to last year when the network was thinner, and watching the newer stations come online...
And stations becoming 'tuned' and refined...
What a difference, especially Francisco jumping all over strikes as he refines down in Mexico...
I'd looked at a few strike reports yesterday, about an hour's worth, and the new station was the 6th of 6 stations -and only 6-
registering at least 25 strikes in that hour. Those would have been 'not detected' otherwise. At the same time increasing the counts for
our long suffering West Coast stations by the same amount.  Additionally, the new station was #7 in about 50 more, that, under different conditions, may have been missed if one of the remaining 6 was 'busy elsewhere'.  And it was a relatively 'slow day'.

This morning, it's almost as if any strike of moderate strength from the Mississippi to the Rockies dare stick it's head up, it's immediately speared by green and blue lines from virtually all directions...

This certainly doesn't mean we're catching them all. Not by any means, but by golly we're giving it a run!
I think Martinique has done some tuning, and is showing up strong... etc, etc...  The greens are nailing strikes the reds are too busy to handle, and vice versa...
How neat to watch this thing grow!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:12:52 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline JonathanW

• Engineer
  • Forecaster
Re: Hee Hee
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »
I think Martinique has done some tuning, and is showing up strong... etc, etc...  The greens are nailing strikes the reds are too busy to handle, and vice versa...
How neat to watch this thing grow!

I saw that last night, too -- had to check whether it was a new station.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: Hee Hee
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:59:09 AM »
Furthermore, today, noticing a whole shebang of 6 station only strikes. Thanks to all the new operators! Now, watch developers raise region 3 to 8 required.  :evil: (I think it's still 16 in Europe?)
Anyway, shows how much each additional station means.
Also an assumption... if you follow the 'real time' for a period of time, you'll see lots of strikes in the same area, where the 'lines' lead to only a few stations, and others which are detected by many stations... to me, that is an indication of 'stroke' amplitude, and also indicates we're getting a lot more 'weaker' strokes than ever before. Whether this is an indication of E field being added, I'm not sure, but a lot of those <700km strokes of weaker strength seem to be coming in from stations with active E field, either stand alone, or in combo. I may be making an erroneous assumption, but
Well Done New Folks!

anything