Author Topic: W3C validation  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: W3C validation
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 08:51:22 AM »
OK, so it could be said that you guys changed my mind just at the right time :D Because I am now in the process of making some major changes to the template - preparing version 2.0, which will include some major changes (several reasons for that, but the new version in my opinion not only looks much better, is much smaller in terms of size - loading time, but also solves many compatibility and display issues and also gives me much better basis for further development).

It obviously includes changes in some of the core files of the template, files which I usually try to avoid changing in updates, but unfortunately there was no other way of changing it otherwise and I think the changes will be worth it. But.... but some of the W3C errors can also only be solved by making substantial changes in these core files, so in fact I can now do it at the same time.

After yesterday´s conversation here, I spent the entire yesterday´s evening (and night of course :D) trying to fix some of the errors, so here is just a screen of the current and the upcoming new version (I just blacked out the URL, because it is the URL of my testing version which I do not want to be available publicly, but you can trust me that it really is my new version of the template :D)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 09:57:28 AM »
Very well done Jachym.  It is always the conflict of time to get things done and in what priority.  My only advice is do what you can, the best you can, and don't try to be the saviour that gives everyone what they ask when they ask.  You set the priority, including personal/family, career, and hobby/helping others!  Others will respect what you have done, and if more is in the future most will wait, although many with painful anxiety.

Best regards,
Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
Hi Paul,

thanks, no, don´t worry, I do this primarily because it is my hobby! And even when I sometimes spend hours setting someone else´s site, something I directly not benefit from, it then feels great when I see how content they are that their site finally works.

And also with this W3C - no I did not do it because Ken, Wim, Mike and others said it was better and I "should" do it, I did it because the intent of the post was to basically get other people´s opinion about something I wasnt sure of and reading their comments and especially the reasoning, I made up my mind and I think the time I invested into fixing it was worth it.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »
You're a 'winner' Jachym... someday all of us are going to look back and smile, and say..."We knew him when."...  UU

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

W3C validation for the v.2.0 template, even after my modification and additions ;) shows:
Showing results for http://www.komokaweather.com/j-template/index.php

Checker Input
Show sourceoutlineimage report

Check byaddressfile uploadtext input

1.Info: The Content-Type was text/html. Using the HTML parser.
2.Info: Using the schema for HTML with SVG 1.1, MathML 3.0, RDFa 1.1, and ITS 2.0 support.

The document validates according to the specified schema(s) and to additional constraints checked by the validator.
Well done Jachym  =D> \:D/

Paul