Author Topic: Weather34 template(non meteobridge versions)  (Read 117936 times)

Offline jalmz

• BiliranIsland.com
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard template
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2016, 08:30:03 AM »
nice template..

Offline jalmz

• BiliranIsland.com
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2016, 10:02:11 PM »
wrong data.. i already set the settings.php  ](*,)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2016, 03:41:18 AM »
hi

due to the unfortunate lack of historical data not available via weather underground currently , the template will now  or can use your mysql dbase to retrieve historical data for the charts . you can see a live version of that at tony's site http://hrvistaweather.com/pws/index.php . so in a few days hopefully be able to release this version with a reasonably good how to set up for mysql , however it can always roll back to WU historical data if it becomes available again or if you just want to use WU .

this will also be fully compatible with cumulus,weather display,ws1001,meteobridge hardware in due course . the next version of template release will be version "community" as all these additional ideas and features are contributions by members of various forums and non members so its only appropriate to reflect that and move it in that direction the more input and ideas can only be a good thing .

all contributors will be fully attributed .

ALL4ONE (community)

Collaboration & Productivity = Better User Experience

brian
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:54:34 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2016, 04:11:13 PM »
hi

due to the unfortunate lack of historical data not available via weather underground currently , the template will now  or can use your mysql dbase to retrieve historical data for the charts . you can see a live version of that at tony's site http://hrvistaweather.com/pws/index.php . so in a few days hopefully be able to release this version with a reasonably good how to set up for mysql , however it can always roll back to WU historical data if it becomes available again or if you just want to use WU .

this will also be fully compatible with cumulus,weather display,ws1001,meteobridge hardware in due course . the next version of template release will be version "community" as all these additional ideas and features are contributions by members of various forums and non members so its only appropriate to reflect that and move it in that direction the more input and ideas can only be a good thing .

all contributors will be fully attributed .

ALL4ONE (community)

Collaboration & Productivity = Better User Experience

brian

so far so good out of 6 betas two so far fully working with cumulus , now awaiting weather display results .

http://warehamwx.co.uk lastest using cumulus and mysql..

Collaboration & Productivity = Better Results

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2016, 08:52:29 AM »
WS1001 clone ,Cumulus users now(almost finished)  you can use template with local database , just need to add the month and year scripts and then no more weather underground for historical data (still available as option) . should be all available next week .  cumulus option is done ws1001 option is done just need to work clientraw weather display option.

if you dont or do not wish to use a database it does not affect anything it will continue getting historical data from weather underground
live demo at http://weather34.com  or screenshot below

getting there..brian

Offline giantocr

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2016, 03:40:38 AM »
Hi Brian,

There is a problem with MySQL, if you are using a PHP version higher than 5.6, on your Web server does MySQL not work.
For versions higher than PHP 5.6 you should use MySQLI.
What content so that the WU graphs script should be modified to MySQLI.
But how, I do not know, am not a programmer.
I also uses on the Web server php version 7.0 and can not connect to my MySQL database.
There are two solutions for me, increase php to version 5.6 or to rewrite the php code in the script for WU grahps to MySQLI

Best regards,

Piet

Offline mattwx

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 11:38:09 PM »
Just started with the template a few weeks ago and am loving it so far!  I am working on shrinking down the dashboard to fit on a small screen (720x480) and am trying to combine the wind speed and direction panes so I can free up space to display data from another sensor (whole house power meter). I think this is a fundamental PHP/CSS question (I haven't coded a website since frames were in style). I moved the code from windirection.php into windspeed.php and I've looked at index.php, windspeed.php, and windirection.php and don't see where the placement of elements within the pane is defined.  I have this  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  and ultimately want something that looks more like this: [ You are not allowed to view attachments ] .

Thanks,

Matt

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2016, 02:22:27 AM »
Just started with the template a few weeks ago and am loving it so far!  I am working on shrinking down the dashboard to fit on a small screen (720x480) and am trying to combine the wind speed and direction panes so I can free up space to display data from another sensor (whole house power meter). I think this is a fundamental PHP/CSS question (I haven't coded a website since frames were in style). I moved the code from windirection.php into windspeed.php and I've looked at index.php, windspeed.php, and windirection.php and don't see where the placement of elements within the pane is defined.  I have this  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  and ultimately want something that looks more like this: [ You are not allowed to view attachments ] .

Thanks,

Matt

hi

it is not a problem however it will be released in that format sometime in October or early November currently no plans to release it or anything else until everything is done . so drop me an email i can help you out very quickly with some ready to go css and php files. see the screenshot of next release it is a half done where the moon information will move out of the current sky .

the moon data module can be replaced by anything you wish using the new blank module to allow custom data.

other things done is a new drag and drop the modules into your preferred position or visitor can choose and it remembered by the current cookie script for 180 days.
it will include a blank custom modules for those that want to add there own data choice be it web cam,radar and as you say an extra sensor .

there is a brand new chart display built with canvasJs you can see that working at http://weather34.com originally wanted to use d3.js but found this far more efficient and quicker on loading.

the new chart system really does take the WS1001 users to a new level and really making the WS1001 a really versatile weather internet machine . the charts update every 16-20 seconds in daily mode and every hour for monthly and year modes. the newer version also introduces daily max,averages,lows for the ws1001 users , for current cumulus,weather display this is already present .ws1001 users still do NOT need or required to run a computer 24/7, taking full advantage of using the updateweatherstation.php to drive the automation as it is polled by the ws1001 every 16 seconds ..

next version will have optional settings to choose between using weather underground history for chart data or mySql data and all charts will switch to according metric or non metric again you test that at http://weather34.com. note wxwugraphs are no longer used it is somewhat overkill and 10 times larger in comparison to using canvasJs.

all charts are built on canvasjS it is very lightweight compared to highcharts when displaying large amounts of historical data .
you can also import your weather underground historical data easily via phpMyadmin...

the drag and drop positioning feature is very smooth and quite pleasant to use on a touch screen tablet or devices and of course it fully compatiable with modern browsers on a desktop enviroment , it can be disabled if not required.

as for running at the screen resolution you mentioned would need to add specific css @media

you can adjust the current css file to trial and error to your requirements below the line

/* homeweatherstation beta css for mobile devices */
/* Tablet */
@media screen and (max-width: 768px)

drop me an email generally around most mornings ..

brian
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:23:29 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2016, 05:48:54 AM »
Brian, I have a question. I looked at canvasJS long time ago and I was also impressed by what it can do.

I also looked at D3, which can do amazing things, but as you probably have also discovered, it has relatively steep learning curve and it is definitely more work in terms of programming it and I also found it a bit more difficult to get right when trying to scale it etc.

In Meteotemplate I use Highcharts and only in few places I did use the D3 code and for the gauges some other scripts as well, but back to my original question.

The only reason I have never used canvasJS is that as far as I can see, there is no free license, only a 60-day free trial. The cheapest plan, i.e. the single developer license, for a webpage is 150 dollars.

http://canvasjs.com/license-canvasjs/

So my question is - does that mean that people using your template will now have to purchase this?

Or if I missed something and it is possible to use for free, please let me know because it would also help me and I would definitely use it, the only reason I didnt was the licensing thing.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2016, 05:37:52 PM »
Brian, I have a question. I looked at canvasJS long time ago and I was also impressed by what it can do.

I also looked at D3, which can do amazing things, but as you probably have also discovered, it has relatively steep learning curve and it is definitely more work in terms of programming it and I also found it a bit more difficult to get right when trying to scale it etc.

In Meteotemplate I use Highcharts and only in few places I did use the D3 code and for the gauges some other scripts as well, but back to my original question.

The only reason I have never used canvasJS is that as far as I can see, there is no free license, only a 60-day free trial. The cheapest plan, i.e. the single developer license, for a webpage is 150 dollars.

http://canvasjs.com/license-canvasjs/

So my question is - does that mean that people using your template will now have to purchase this?

Or if I missed something and it is possible to use for free, please let me know because it would also help me and I would definitely use it, the only reason I didnt was the licensing thing.

think this answers your question for the version I am using

https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/canvasjs/1.6.0/canvasjs.js

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2016, 06:01:13 PM »
Aha, I see, thanks for the link, so basically for non-commercial purposes you can use it, but it is some older version. I will see if it has some major advantages over Highcharts, which obviously can be used free in the most up-to-date version.
Thanks

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard template october 2016
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2016, 08:15:46 AM »
hi

here we go october release ALL4ONE(community) nothing more due till november .

Brand new chart data system!!! fast and lightweight 10x faster and 10x smaller than existing system..

1. no more wxwugraphs now using a very lightweight system to generate charts from your historical data stored at weather underground.
2. removal of charts folder
3.new folders wucharts and wuchartsdata
4.additional script(s) added to forecastcron.php includes scripts to run charts and store your historical data locally run at 1 hour periods or more .

version ALL4ONE(community) download at http://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

have a nice weekend..

brian

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2016, 10:29:14 AM »
 =D> great achievement  =D>
for me just a little concern for version data "MB" i do not get to have the conversions of units (° F / ° C) via the dropdown Menu template
whereas no problem for the WD-Clientraw release  :oops:
best regards

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2016, 09:29:13 PM »
Hi Brian,
I have it at www.komokaweather.com/pws and looks good.

Only issue is that the stationcron fails and gives this message:
   Warning:  file_put_contents(../): failed to open stream: Is a directory in /home/content/96/5379896/html/pws/cronfiles/stationcron.php on line 29

even though that line is // $livedata           = '../pws/realtimePWS.txt'; //'realtime.txt // path to raw data.

The same message whether the line is // or not or whether it is removed.  Any suggestion what I can do?

Paul

Offline giantocr

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2016, 03:59:24 AM »
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the new version.
It works fine here.

Best regards,

Piet

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »
Bi Brian,
Just checked my cron-job.org site and see that all the cron's have been working.  It appears that the warning is only when I manually run the URL .../pws/cronfiles/stationcron.php direct from the browser - which I do first whenever I upload a new version.  The forecastcron.php does not give a warning when run from browser.  HomeWeather is working fine!

Now to see what I can do about -
$dataSource  = 'wunderground'; // 'wunderground' = weather underground server, only change if you are using an additional source for chart data such as a local mysql database

Enjoying,
Paul

Offline giantocr

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »
Bi Brian,
Just checked my cron-job.org site and see that all the cron's have been working.  It appears that the warning is only when I manually run the URL .../pws/cronfiles/stationcron.php direct from the browser - which I do first whenever I upload a new version.  The forecastcron.php does not give a warning when run from browser.  HomeWeather is working fine!

Now to see what I can do about -
$dataSource  = 'wunderground'; // 'wunderground' = weather underground server, only change if you are using an additional source for chart data such as a local mysql database

Enjoying,
Paul

Hi Paul,

There is a new update

Piet

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »
Piet, since yesterday?

and that is a nice forecast on your site.  Is that your customizing or an optional setting?

Regards,
Paul

Edit: looks like that may be from your WXsim add-on!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:59:31 AM by PaulMy »

Offline giantocr

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2016, 12:06:01 PM »
Piet, since yesterday?

and that is a nice forecast on your site.  Is that your customizing or an optional setting?

Regards,
Paul

Edit: looks like that may be from your WXsim add-on!

Hi Paul,

Yeah right, there has been an update later after the first version.

That forecast predictions of my own WXSIM Weather Simulator System
I included it self in the template.

Best regards,

Piet

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard template october 2016
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »
hi

here we go october release ALL4ONE(community) nothing more due till november .

Brand new chart data system!!! fast and lightweight 10x faster and 10x smaller than existing system..

1. no more wxwugraphs now using a very lightweight system to generate charts from your historical data stored at weather underground.
2. removal of charts folder
3.new folders wucharts and wuchartsdata
4.additional script(s) added to forecastcron.php includes scripts to run charts and store your historical data locally run at 1 hour periods or more .

version ALL4ONE(community) download at http://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

have a nice weekend..

brian

Upgraded to new community version, looks good.

Thank you Brian!
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »
Upgraded here too but no month charts or day charts seem to work.

cronfiles have been run but do not know what is needed to create the files.

last version there were issues with Apache 5.6 and SSL connections which i fixed, but this version seems to use a new script to create the charts.

http://www.conligwx.org/pws/index.php
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »
hi good evening

released a simple easy upgrade for community version although it significant . address all issues raised with new charts .

1.now total true switching of all units and in many combinations 
2.all values rounded down to 2 decimal places in tooltips
3.recompiled all chart files now even smaller load
4.have to reiterate note the new settings in settings.php

it is important to recognise the new settings in settings.php

this is critical new setting in settings.php though its just a case of true or false and choose your location

######################################################################################################
// THIS AREA IS VERY CRITICAL FOR CHART DISPLAY UNITS AND MUST BE CORRECT SET TRUE OR FALSE BASED ON GEOPGRAPHICAL NOT POLITICAL//
// WEATHER UNDERGROUND DELIVERS THIS DATA BASED ON SERVER LOCATION  only set one to TRUE //

$northamerica       = false;   // set to true if in NORTH AMERICA OUTSIDE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
$uk                 = false;  // set to true if in UNITED KINGDOM (MPH)
$usa                = false;  // set to true if in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
$europe             = false;  // set to true if in europe
$scandinavia        = false;  // set to true if in scandinaiva (m/s)
$restoftheworld     = true;  // set to true if in none of above

####################################################################################################

please replace settings.php and wuchart folder . incredibly the whole new wu charts system is less than 88kb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks you for all the emails sorry i cant reply today to everyone but its all been noted and addressed.

upgrade download http://www.mediafire.com/file/sw0ry9222nhlvvp/COMMUNITYUPGRADE.zip

full package download via http://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

brian..

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2016, 04:15:10 PM »
Must have got an older version or something.

Redownloaded it and setup Settings again inclucing the new $uk setting. points it at realtime.txt and looked ok until i started looking at charts.

I still had no Months showing at all they are just blank. and Rain for today was showing 2.4mm nearly all day, yet it hasn't rained here the whole day so not sure where the data is being collected from.

Reverted back to last months ALL-IN-ONE and working fine now.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »
Must have got an older version or something.

Redownloaded it and setup Settings again inclucing the new $uk setting. points it at realtime.txt and looked ok until i started looking at charts.

I still had no Months showing at all they are just blank. and Rain for today was showing 2.4mm nearly all day, yet it hasn't rained here the whole day so not sure where the data is being collected from.

Reverted back to last months ALL-IN-ONE and working fine now.

hi

you were seeing the demo data !!!!!!!!!  you need to run the cron jobs to update the charts with your data

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2016, 04:29:12 PM »
Yes, I had run the cronjobs again and again and rain chart on main site is zero mm, but when I click on the Sun 2nd chart i get erroneous data.

see for yourself !!!!

http://www.conligwx.org/pws/index.php

is there a way of deleted this demo data? what files?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:32:09 PM by Toxic »
Regards Simon