Author Topic: realtime.txt not being uploaded to web  (Read 3957 times)

Offline willper

• Front Range Weather
realtime.txt not being uploaded to web
« on: June 06, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
Hi all!,

I am trying to setup Ken's Ajax script to work with Cumulus and I am having difficulty figuring how to setup to have realtime.txt uploaded to my web server. I am sure I missed something. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

bhmsweather.site/wxindex.php
windows 10
Cumulus 1.9.4- build 1099
ajax-dashboard ver.1.26

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: realtime.txt not being uploaded to web
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 01:55:52 PM »
Hi all!,

I am trying to setup Ken's Ajax script to work with Cumulus and I am having difficulty figuring how to setup to have realtime.txt uploaded to my web server. I am sure I missed something. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

bhmsweather.site/wxindex.php
windows 10
Cumulus 1.9.4- build 1099
ajax-dashboard ver.1.26
Although this http://leuven-template.eu/dokuwiki28/doku.php?id=en:uploadcu
is the WiKi description for the Leuven-Template, the screenshots and the settings are more or less the same for the realtimeTags.txt
Wim

Offline willper

• Front Range Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:20:36 PM »
Thanks for your reply Wim,

Neither the Ajax or Cumulus have a realtimeTagsT.txt, but I may have missed something. There is only one place to upload he realtime.txt file and that is in Cumulus/Configuration/Internet Settings. There is a place to check to setup realtime and I have done that.

In the settings-weather.php: $SITE['realtimefile']   = './realtime.txt';  // directory and name of Cumulus realtime.txt file, is there supposed to be a directory for this and if so, how is it created?

Bill

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 02:38:11 PM »
Thanks for your reply Wim,

Neither the Ajax or Cumulus have a realtimeTagsT.txt, but I may have missed something. There is only one place to upload he realtime.txt file and that is in Cumulus/Configuration/Internet Settings. There is a place to check to setup realtime and I have done that.

In the settings-weather.php: $SITE['realtimefile']   = './realtime.txt';  // directory and name of Cumulus realtime.txt file, is there supposed to be a directory for this and if so, how is it created?

Bill
I see,  :oops:  mixed up the steelseries and the built-in realtime files.
You are correct, only 2 settings in  "Cumulus, Configuration, Internet, Sites/Options"
Described correctly at the bottom of the Saratoga page: http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-Cumulus.php

Also set a mark in "auto update"
I am not sure if "auto rename" should be used or not, you could test with and without that setting.

As I do not have a PC anymore, I can not check it myself.

Wim

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 02:52:02 PM »

In your Cumulus | Configuration | Internet | tick Realtime.txt FTP
Make sure you have the correct path in the Configuration | Internet | Web Site | Directory:

EDIT: 
You are correct, only 2 settings in  "Cumulus, Configuration, Internet, Sites/Options"
Described correctly at the bottom of the Saratoga page: http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-Cumulus.php
it appears that the above link example is outdated and does not include the additional items that can be ticked such as Realtime.txt FTP

Enjoy,
Paul
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:56:57 PM by PaulMy »

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 03:08:45 PM »

Just set $SITE['realtimefile'] ='xx/xx/realtime.txt';
I have my realtime.txt in root/weather/ folder and my Saratoga settings-weather as $SITE['realtimefile'] ='../weather/realtime.txt';

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline willper

• Front Range Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 03:30:16 PM »
Paul,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I have ticked: Realtime.txt FTP
I have the: $SITE['realtimefile']   = './weather/realtime.txt'; setup in setup-weather.php however I don't know how the realtime.txt file is placed there.
The realtime.txt is always updated in the root of my local site folder.

Bill

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 04:14:47 PM »
Make sure you have this correct:
Make sure you have the correct path in the Configuration | Internet | Web Site | Directory:
You may need to enter Directory [weather]

or if you leave realtime.txt where it is then change
$SITE['realtimefile']   = '..realtime.txt';
or to whatever path that goes to that realtime.txt file (I am not very good at path usage - I just do a lot of trial and error :oops: )

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline WxFox

• Northern Androscoggin Weather
  • Happiness is having my toes in the warm sand.
    • Northern Androscoggin County Weather
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 06:44:08 PM »
Just add /name_of_folder_at_the_site to the output and it will go there. I run two templates off a single realtime.txt file.
Davis VP2 (cabled) Uploading to PWS, Weather Underground, Weathercloud, WOW, WeatherBug, AWEKAS and Twitter, using Cumulus.  Cabled = fewer problems, less maintenance and better reliability!

Northern Androscoggin Weather:
http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011/index.php
Mobile friendly: http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011//iCumulus/#_home
CWOP AV346

Offline willper

• Front Range Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »

It seems I have tried every conceivable way to populate the directory in the attachment. I'm hoping this is where you are talking about.

Bill

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 09:46:01 PM »

http://www.frontrangeweather.site/ shows your standard Cumulus page from last month so it was uploading correctly at that time.
However there is no realtime.txt in that folder and perhaps you had not yet ticked realtime.txt FTP in Cumulus settings at that time.
There is no realtime.txt in www.frontrangeweather.site/weather/ so it would not be correct to have /weather in the Directory field.
The next thing to try is to have the Directory field blank.

Just for a better understanding, are you able to manually FTP anything to your www.frontrangeweather.site and if so what path do you use for that?

Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »
Also I have UTF-8 encode and realtime ftp checked on my setup page.
Randy

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »

A further observation from your attachment... also tick Enable Realtime FTP
Enable Realtime FTPIf you tick this box, Cumulus will establish an FTP connection to your web site, so that the realtime.txt file, and any other files you specify, can be uploaded when realtime processing takes place. The 'Enable Realtime' box must be ticked for this setting to have any effect. It is important that you do not select this option if you are not using FTP.
Realtime.txt FTPIf you tick this box, Cumulus will upload the realtime.txt to your web site during realtime processing. The 'Enable Realtime' and 'Enable Realtime FTP' boxes must both be ticked for this setting to have any effect. It is important that you do not select this option if you are not using FTP.

Further edit:
If that doesn't work then turn on FTP Logging in the Configuration settings and after a few minutes check your ftplog.txt and realtimeftplog.txt files and see if anything there indicates a problem.  Don't forget to turn of FTP Logging as the files will get quite large over time.

Paul
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:45:47 PM by PaulMy »

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 06:17:18 AM »

It seems I have tried every conceivable way to populate the directory in the attachment. I'm hoping this is where you are talking about.

Bill

Hi Bill,

In the Directory box I had to put my full relative directory path in that box for mine to load up correctly (e.g. - /home/sacrey/www/www/). I am using CumulusMX, but it is the same for that piece of software as well.

Hope this helps,

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline willper

• Front Range Weather
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »
Hi all,

I thought I had  tried:   home/directory/weather before, but a spelling error plagued me. Once I corrected that, everything is working fine now.

Thank you for all of your help.

Bill

anything