Author Topic: Any rumors on New Davis Stuff coming soon??  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Jstx

• Senior Contributor
  • Baby the Rain Must Fall
Re: Any rumors on New Davis Stuff coming soon??
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »
I was told by Davis on phone the other site http://www.davis.com/  is not affiliated.   Who came first don't know but the other site is taking full advantage of the Davis Instruments name even selling Davis stations.

That could be, or not. "D" does sell "DI" PWS's, among lots of other stuff. D appears to be part of Cole-Parmer (CP).
They're all closely-held private companies (DI, D, C-P). There are a number of wholly-owned subsidiary companies/brands too. Confusing to say the least. Time for a forensic financial whiz to have a look (Hey, Mueller has a whole team active, wonder if they do subcontracting?)

I've dug all over Bing, Bloomberg and Morningstar, checked IPs, etc., and had no firm resolution of company linkages, gave up. DI started in Hayward in 1963, forgot if D was 1963 or 1953, eyes are getting blurry.

'Our' Davis Instruments does produce many other products for other sectors. I have some marine ones aboard my sailboat (even rigging knives), and have used their stuff for fifty years.

This:
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=24443122

has an extensive 'Company Overview' of DI (too big to C&P here) and its' product line. PWS's may or may not be a major income driver for it.

In any case, would like to see them come out with that much pined for here utopian holy grail PWS, soon.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:59:56 PM by Jstx »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2018, 11:13:36 PM »
The real Davis instruments wanted to know where I bought something. That's how the subject got brought up in first place. I was told they have many mistaking the other site as them. Yes very confusing for consumers. 
Randy

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 11:14:27 PM »
nice find, JSTX!

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2018, 12:13:41 AM »
Davis Instruments Corp. Inc. Founded in 1963
As listed on Bloomberg
Davis Instruments Corp. Inc. manufactures and distributes weather, automotive, and marine products in the United States and internationally. Its weather products include wireless or cabled weather stations for weather reporting, and in-home and educational use; sensors, such as anemometers and rain collectors, as well as sensors for temperature and humidity, leaf wetness, and solar and UV radiation; weather software for use in weather stations to create graphs, calculate totals and averages, and analyze trends; remote communication systems; and installation options for sensor mounting arms, shelters, heaters, and solar power kits. The company’s automotive products comprise wireless and GPS e...

The other company that appeared in 2013:

Davis Instruments is a Distributorship services, namely, distributing the goods of others in the field of industrial test, measurement, control and calibration equipment.

Registration Date   October 22, 2013
Owner   (REGISTRANT) Cole-Parmer Instrument Company CORPORATION ILLINOIS 625 East Bunker Court Vernon Hills ILLINOIS 60061

Randy