Author Topic: It Always Rains In Seattle.....  (Read 682 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
It Always Rains In Seattle.....
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
With the incredible weather that is happening across the country I thought I would share this.  I have lived vicariously through Kaymann's posts.  I have also lived in the Seattle area all of my life.  Uhmmmm..... It doesn't always rain in Seattle.  If any of you can live vicariously through this video, it was worth sharing.....

Cam 1 then Cam 2 then a 2 cam panorama followed by Mt. Baker and Double Bluff on Whidbey Island in all their beauty....

Greg

Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: It Always Rains In Seattle.....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »
Every time I see one of these videos something new just kind of grabs my attention...
In this video I found the fog lifting and the sheen (not Charlie) on the water very intriguing.
The color changes were very nice as well.  It is interesting the color comes through even though any video camera would try to auto WB it out.

As far as vicariously living through your videos, I have to say it is nice to see the cool, wet, damp weather through your videos.
I like doing this without getting a rain/winter coat on.
I used to live literately within a couple of miles from Nike, Columbia Sportswear, Reebok corporate offices in Oregon.
I once had a problem with a Columbia Sportswear coat.  I went to the corporate offices and met with the CEO/Founder of the company - in person.
I had a nice chat with her about the challenges of the weather in the PNW (Pacific Northwest) which is why they are still located there.
They want to face the same challenges as their customers. I am a customer for life.

The vast majority of my life has been in the PNW with no regrets.

One the big differences between the Oregon Coast and Gulf of California that I noticed was you can smell/taste the Pacific Ocean breeze.
The smell is a salty, crisp, cool - oh ya kind of experience.  The Gulf can be a seaweed laying in the sun kind of experience because of the warmer water.
I believe this is because the Oregon Coast has a very consistent wave action, not huge like parts of Hawaii, but much more than the pond like Gulf.
It appears your sound waters are more protected like the Gulf of California and therefore in between the Gulf and Oregon's cold wave action.

Call me crazy but these are the things I notice around me and it keeps me very entertained...

Thank you as always for the time and consideration in sharing your part of the world.

Randall