Author Topic: Why won't Weather Underground issue me a web cam ID  (Read 4662 times)

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
Why won't Weather Underground issue me a web cam ID
« on: September 24, 2016, 02:14:36 PM »
I keep trying and email and no one ever lets you know anything. When I set up my PWS that was instant but not for a webcam.

Goofy!

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
Re: Why won't Weather Underground issue me a web cam ID
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:30:02 PM »
I keep trying and email and no one ever lets you know anything. When I set up my PWS that was instant but not for a webcam.

Goofy!

Your webcam doesn't get an ID like your station does.  It's more tied to your WU account.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »
Well I've been the page where  you add a webcam but I never hear anything. What do I do next?

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 02:33:16 PM »
Well I've been the page where  you add a webcam but I never hear anything. What do I do next?

If you're truly sending the data or they are retrieving it, the webcam should show up on your PWS page soon.  It may not be right away.  If you are FTPing the images make sure they're getting there.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »
Well from what I understand I need a webcam ID # and I assume they are too email me that #. I have to plug a camera ID # into my software before I can get it to upload.

By the way thanks for your input.

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »
This is what I'm trying to fill in. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 02:57:14 PM »
Unless they changed something recently (which is quite possible), you should get all the info you need up-front. 

However, once you have it set up and transmitting images, there is an approval process you need to go through.

I've found that can take a day or so.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »
And if you exceed the file size limit they can your account.  BTDT two or three times.  I have given up on WU cams.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »
Unless they changed something recently (which is quite possible), you should get all the info you need up-front. 

However, once you have it set up and transmitting images, there is an approval process you need to go through.

Here's what I did: September 16, 2016 I went to WU, my PWS, Webcam, don't have one, add webcam, put in my time zone, my address, hit find location, got my lat and long, clicked save and continue and all I've done so far is continue. I haven't received my camera id yet.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »
I don't believe they get back to you with an ID number.  Once you add the webcam, then check your account to see if it has been added and that is when/where the ID will show... As mentioned it may take a day or so to have it show on Your Current Cameras page, but with WU issues of recent it may take longer.

What Happens After Signup?  Once you have a Camera ID and a password you're ready to upload your web camera images. The password for each of your cams is the password you use to log in to our site. Images can be uploaded at a maximum of once per minute, can be no larger than 150Kb, and should be weather centric. Non-outdoors/non-weather images will be removed, and users that upload inappropriate images will be blocked.
Please Note: Make sure you enter the Camera ID as it appears in the "Your Current Cameras" list, and the password exactly as you chose it, as both fields are case sensitive.
You'll need to set your camera to upload to: "webcam.wunderground.com"

Paul

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 04:57:17 PM »
I went to my profile>My Weather Stations and there is a weather station listed >go to My Webcams and all I get is add a webcam. Nothing there. I'm just frustrated to think I can't find out why I can't get mine registered. Sorry

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 08:29:22 AM »
Your camera # should be    "toyboyscameraCAM1"

I suspect your image is too large

Your WU cam page should look similar to this Make sure the PWS ID is correct

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 03:24:28 PM »

Here's what I did: September 16, 2016 I went to WU, my PWS, Webcam, don't have one, add webcam, put in my time zone, my address, hit find location, got my lat and long, clicked save and continue and all I've done so far is continue. I haven't received my camera id yet.

Configure Weather Underground and your camera to upload images via FTP. The URL-base upload requests go ignored for an eternity, but I was able to get my camera online within hours by choosing the FTP option.

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 11:14:39 PM »
Use FTP.  I could never get the URL based to work.

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »
Seems like I can't do anything until I get a camera ID and I never get one. How do you get one? I go through and fill out all the steps and I never get the camera ID. My next question will this work on a mac.

What Happens After Signup?
Once you have a Camera ID and a password you're ready to upload your web camera images. The password for each of your cams is the password you use to log in to our site. Images can be uploaded at a maximum of once per minute, can be no larger than 150Kb, and should be weather centric. Non-outdoors/non-weather images will be removed, and users that upload inappropriate images will be blocked.

Offline josecmorales

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 11:53:27 AM »
I dont know why send pics through wundercam is a challenge, is almost a college degree do it!

is pitty trying and change the size of the pic, i use 640.
Vantage Pro2 + UV, Airlink, Purpleair, Meteobridge.
Twitter: ClimaGuayana
Blitzortung station: 2934
Weatherlink: ClimaGuayana

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
Okay after working with WU I finally got a camera ID. I have filled the form on Ambient Cam FTP but I click test I keep getting a "FTP server address error". Can anyone give any suggestions where to go from here? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »
Okay after working with WU I finally got a camera ID. I have filled the form on Ambient Cam FTP but I click test I keep getting a "FTP server address error". Can anyone give any suggestions where to go from here? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Try changing the ftp address you have to:

ftp://webcam.wunderground.com/

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 04:09:35 PM »
OK I finally got a success on AmbientCamHD. No one caught it until for some unknown reason I double checked the ftp address. I had typed fttp://webcam.underground.com meaning I had one to many ts. Anyway I changed it to ftp and when I hit the test button I got a success. No photos on wu yet but I imagine they will be coming.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 05:00:46 PM »
OK I finally got a success on AmbientCamHD. No one caught it until for some unknown reason I double checked the ftp address. I had typed fttp://webcam.underground.com meaning I had one to many ts. Anyway I changed it to ftp and when I hit the test button I got a success. No photos on wu yet but I imagine they will be coming.

I said to change the ftp address below, but it doesn't matter, you got success.

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 07:25:53 PM »
Aardvark, I saw your post and I thought what the heck is he telling me. I'm sure you've heard the old saying you can't see the forest for the trees. I just kept making the same mistake over and over. Thanks for your input. How are things in my old home state of Iowa?

anything