Author Topic: AcuRite Weather Station with PC connect Help please.  (Read 1310 times)

Offline larrylwill

AcuRite Weather Station with PC connect Help please.
« on: December 02, 2019, 06:06:26 PM »
Can you use an AcuRite Weather Station with PC connect to broadcast to Weather Underground
Im looking at an example AcuRite 01536 However some people say that Accurite dropped support and you must use there PC bridge.

Also looking at AcuRite 01036M, but to me the screen looks too busy.
I do have a laptop next to where the console will be.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: AcuRite Weather Station with PC connect Help please.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 07:38:57 PM »
Yes.  PC-Connect is still supported.  You do have to be running the latest software, though.

Acurite 01536 is a PC-Connect system.  You need to have it attached to PC that actually does the work of reporting.

Acurite 1036m is also a PC-Connect system.  Again, you need to have a PC attached for it to report to the internet.

Neither system has been dropped, but they do use the same, older tech.

The Access system eliminates the need for a PC to transmit data.  It receives data from the sensor and transmits data to the internet itself.  Perhaps that's what people meant by a "PC bridge".

There are also a few displays that transmit data to wunderground directly without the need of a PC or an Access, like the 01210 and 01540m.  I think they've added a few others.  One drawback with these systems is that they only report to wunderground (no myAcurite).  One advantage of these systems is that they get forecast data from the internet (I don't know if they all do, so you'll have to check on that).  The internet forecast is far better than your station can calculate alone.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:43:01 PM by nincehelser »

Offline larrylwill

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 08:31:20 PM »
I thought I would save a few bucks by not getting the one that connects to the net, and extra $80 or so. Since I have the laptop.
However I found the AcuRite 01540M for $129 on Amazon using my business account. Only drawback is the shipping is next Monday.
Thank you.

Offline larrylwill

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 12:41:42 AM »
So now that I bought the AcuRite 01540M can I add a 2nd display to it? Which displays can I add? What about the lighting detector?

Offline larrylwill

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
Its not an atlas, its the AcuRite 01540M

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 10:00:05 AM »
So now that I bought the AcuRite 01540M can I add a 2nd display to it? Which displays can I add? What about the lighting detector?

What display did you end up getting ?  It looks like you can add this  sensor 06045M lightning detector to the ones I have found that work with the 01540M .

And yes you can add more displays to the 01540M . I have two displays with my old 5-1 and have no problem with them . You just need to have the new display as close as possible to your 5-1 and it will find your unit before moving it to were you want it full time .

From AcuRite  https://www.acurite.com/lightning-detector-with-temperature-and-humidity.html    EDIT on the AcuRite page it shows what model display this works with !!!

From Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-06045M-Lightning-Detector-Temperature/dp/B01LNALL6C/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=sensor+06045M+lightning+detector&qid=1575644507&sr=8-1

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:07:26 AM by Mabcmb »

Offline larrylwill

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »
this one, $129

Offline larrylwill

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 07:43:44 PM »
Arrived today, setup and on weather underground. Working great.
However I have another question. I would like to see the gusts, It appeared to me the advert says you could see the now, avg, and gusts at the same time. The instructions is equally vague. It appears I can only view one at a time. Is that correct?

anything