Author Topic: How is logged data chosen?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline 13brv3

How is logged data chosen?
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »
Greetings,

I've been running VWS for years, but recently changed stations, and I'm taking a new look at all the setup options.  I have VWS set to log data in one minute intervals, and I do get entries every minute.  So far so good.  

The question is how that data is chosen.  Does VWS just grab a single reading every minute, or does it monitor all the readings for a minute, then generate the entry based on that?  I guess I'd be hoping that it would average readings like temp, and wind speed, but report the highest reading it saw for wind gust.  My guess is that it just grabs a reading once a minute.  

Bottom line is that the station (VP2+) updates every 2.5 seconds, and I send data to WU every 2 seconds.  I would like to somehow be able to log every single data sample to my computer, but I haven't figured out a way to do that yet.   Will VWS (or any other SW) do that?

Thanks,
Rusty

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: How is logged data chosen?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »
(or any other SW)
if you mean you would like a log of the data faster than every 1 minute
then you can do that with weather display, via the logfile setup, custom logfile options, logfile update rate...(and you set what data to be logged (via custom logs)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline 13brv3

Re: How is logged data chosen?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:29:55 PM »
(or any other SW)
if you mean you would like a log of the data faster than every 1 minute
then you can do that with weather display, via the logfile setup, custom logfile options, logfile update rate...(and you set what data to be logged (via custom logs)

Thanks Brian.  That is indeed what I'm looking for, and it looks like an interesting program.  I'll look into it more tomorrow, particularly if it appears that VWS won't create the logs I'd like to have. 

Cheers,
Rusty